Posts: 52 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by prosper View Post
same here, although 1.1.7 unstable version was more "stable" in this regard than the stable 1.0.1
Oh yes, I should have mentioned that I used FasterN9 V 1.0.1-stable from openrepos via Warehouse...

Last edited by NobodyInPerson; 2017-01-14 at 08:18.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by prosper View Post
same here, although 1.1.7 unstable version was more "stable" in this regard than the stable 1.0.1
I tried FasterN9 v1.1.7-unstable. I can't co firm that mobile network connectivity is more stable than with v1.0.1-stable. For me, both versions are problematic in this regard... Really a pity since FasterN9 is a great app so far!

Last edited by NobodyInPerson; 2017-01-14 at 08:09.

Having this weird issue yesterday for the first time ever and solved it with /sbin/initctl restart xsession/icd2 (thanks! I was really desperate not understanding why ping is OK but 2G/3G/wifi internet connection doesn't work except mail...) But for probable future next occurrence of this issue i'm curious if there is any other way, because having this issue I can not connect to internet to google the right syntax. :-) Isn't it e.g. included in any of refreshes in Schturman's N9 QRefresh? Probably "Network refresh"? I haven't succeed searching for "Network refresh" description. And of course I'm not able to try it because I haven't this issue anymore after the fix.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Lincoln
Dear fellas , I just wondering if any one of you advanced user of the MeeGo OS can help me with my Nokia N9 .
Bought on Ebay UK as used however in brand new condition and not Chinese refurbished then I was so happy with purchase however after first initial - first boot up and personalise after previously user factory reset I discovered this device is defective and has issue with Wi-Fi and 3G internet connection .
Let me start from beginning describe my issue .So once I added my APN which in my case is giiffgaff and home network which is wi-fi and save it in this device .The device started occurring an connection issue .Once device is connected to home network through wi-fi everything is correct and connection is stabile and reliable and everything working perfect but in case when I have to leave my home place and device disconnect from wi-fi network then should pick up automatically an 3G connection but this device won't do it at all ok that is not a big deal for me and I can do it it manually however if I do it manually then internet connection through the 3G is connected and working fast and great but after a few minutes connection through 3G disappears and I have to pick it up from available networks manually and that I have to do it again and again .
Once I come back to home network with this device , I mean when I'm at close range of my wi-fi this device won't pick up automatically wi-fi connection however if I do it manually then device connecting with my wi-fi and working great and fast and staying connected until I I have to leave and go away from my home network .

I have to say that as well , I know there is an option which should be ticked - connect automatically if needed in both networks I have marked it as on so this is not the settings problems .

There is something wrong with device and would be great if any one of you can give ma some lights on this issue .Please help as I love this device so much even in 2017 .Thank you .

The Following User Says Thank You to pawoolon For This Useful Post:
Perhaps look at this thread but suggest only follow Method 2 by coderus, https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...80&postcount=5 although this pre-supposes that you have installed https://openrepos.net/content/ancelad/n9-repomirror to allow developer mode to be enabled.

If you peruse the forum you will find that there are now problems sourcing firmware appropriate to your particular product code, should you want to re-flash device in case of possible data corruption and sometimes compromise has too be made as you can't downgrade (but that's another story).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Check this
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96282

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: