Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
My solution to the laptop battery issue: let it charge up, then just pull the battery. can't over charge, don't have to worry what the management software is doing.

only trouble is some laptops don't have removable batteries or won't run without them.
The problem for the battery drain here is software (Modem Firmware) related.

Calibrate battery help sometime on my Lenovo ThinkPad to get better values from the battery (Battery training, or Battery gauge reset), but it would not help here at All. The problem for the battery drain comes from the modem Firmware and calibration of the proximity sensor. sensor is looking for data all time long and prevent so CPU to go into deep sleep.

This problem is active only under SailfishOS. With FairphoneOS oder Fairphone open - there is no battery drain.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Giving up sailfishos on FP2 for now. Going back to pain in the *** Androids crap UI for this reasons:

1. Need Android app support (=bankid is one of those apps I must use)
2. Black screen when getting alarm or phone calls

However I also got problem with Android the shitty googleplay does not work but thats offtopic...Maybe I should go back to my Jolla1 and sell Fairphone I really hate Android UI it is simply broken!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
1. Need Android app support (=bankid is one of those apps I must use)
This is in Sweden, right?
Is this bankid-thingy completely closed, then? Any possibility to get open API's for it since I think it has something to do with the new EU-legalization on opening the service API's of banks...?

Any posibility to take it up for opening, if it is tightly closed? I think you have pirate-party in Sweden that has some representation in your government and unless I am mistaken the party agenda is against all kinds of closed SW generally; should be more so if said technology is something people depend in everyday life.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
This is in Sweden, right?
Is this bankid-thingy completely closed, then? Any possibility to get open API's for it since I think it has something to do with the new EU-legalization on opening the service API's of banks...?

Any posibility to take it up for opening, if it is tightly closed? I think you have pirate-party in Sweden that has some representation in your government and unless I am mistaken the party agenda is against all kinds of closed SW generally; should be more so if said technology is something people depend in everyday life.
Yes its is sweden. And yes we have 2% PP in EU but we also has other parties that should care about this however their is no opinion.

So we can dream on they will not listen to few people do care about this issue. Most people is brain watched "it works for me I use it on Android/Iphone" I am really suprised how stupid people are. BankId has dependies on google play service how damn crazy is that?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Yes its is sweden. Dream on they will not listen to few people do care about this issue. Most people is brain watched "it works for me I use it on Android/Iphone" I am really suprised how stupid people are. BankId has dependies on google play service how damn crazy is that?
I don't think that should be allowed; it is a critical resource and should not be tied to any single company providing a closed service.
This is a matter of national security too, I'd imagine the decision makers should be interested if they are alerted to the gravity of the situation.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Hi guys. I created a small Manual for Installing SailfishOS on the FP2.
It's based on the Mal's official Manual on wiki.merproject.org,
But i put a little bit more detailed explanation about Testing and Devel- Repos and OTA-Update.

All credits go to Mal- for his awesome SailfishOS Port.

Please give me small feedback about this Manual, if i should correct something.

Thanks.

Sailfish_2.0.5.6_on_FP2_Manual_EN_Version_0.1.0.2

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Please give me small feedback about this Manual, if i should correct something.
Thanks for updating the manual, it's very good and answers some of the questions I had about the new repos (adaptation-community and adaptation-community-common).

On an unrelated note, my old FP2 case started to come apart so I bought one of the new slim cases, which I think is much nicer than the original (nicer texture, looks better, fits better and the buttons are clickier, which I much prefer!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Got pissed at Android so reinstalled SFOS again on my FP2.

Damn Jolla, myriad and Fairphone 2017 I hope they listen to the community:

We need official SFOS on fairphone 2 ASAP with dalvik support!
Just do it!

I personally willing pay a small one time fee for it!

Anyway back to topic camera(back/front) does not work anymore in SFOS? Anyone know if this was a regression in latest release?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Got pissed at Android so reinstalled SFOS again on my FP2.
Lol, that didn't take long! Camera is working for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Got pissed at Android
<...>
We need <...> dalvik support!
LOL, am I the only one seeing the irony?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, fair phone, fairphone2