Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by colourblind View Post
kieron r u using the butterfly plugin too? i cant seem to log into msn as well... it doesnt connect... neither does my jabber..

is it just me?? i can find haze on the applications download area
Yeah I too am using butterfly. Tried different MSN accounts too, none worked. Was working earlier this afternoon though....

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
All of these late birds coming in, unwilling to resd the thread for answers, yet posting asking others for a solution, its just clogging the thread. Please just read the thread. Step by step.instructions are clearly given. On another note, it would save us all the trouble if the instructions were printed in bold in a post on page one as a guide by a moderater. The need for this to stem runaway threads is glaring.
your suggestion for a bolded post on the front page makes alot of sense. It may be annoying that people are coming in posting questions that have already been answered earlier but can you imagine how long it would take to read through 25 pages without even being absolutely sure your question has already been answered. seems much more reasonable to just ask.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
I'm cant seem to sign into MSN. anyone else having trouble?
most of the time I can't sign in but when I switch off the phone and then switch it back on again that usually gets it to work.

account plugin haze is not working.

anyone else having problems with this? sorta moot to have this phone if MSN wont work : /

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Try telepathy-butterfly. Telepathy-haze is in extras-devel for a reason - that reason might just be that it doesn't work yet. If you install horribly unstable software, you shouldn't complain about it not working. I've been using telepathy-butterfly for about a month now, and aside from the odd little glitch (it's beta still), it's worked just fine

in more detail, it will log out my msn on my desktop, but it wont connect itself haha

Okay. To be clear, none of the Open Source MSN clients I have yet tried support multiple simultaneous logins, but telepathy-butterfly should at least work fine aside from that.

i meant telepathy butterfly

nono what i mean is............
there is SOME sort of connection to the server since it logs out my msn on my desktop, but the phone doestn actually sign in.

i know there isnt simultaneous login =)

Last edited by archzai; 2009-12-14 at 07:59.

Odd... it worksforme. Try manually logging out of all logged-in locations, and then logging in on your N900. Also, please use the "edit" button to correct errors in posts, so that people reading the thread later don't have to scroll halfway down to see the correction

Can't you use pidgin or does this only work on OS2008?

Where can i find telepathy-butterfly? Is that in Maemo Extra's?

Thx!

Tags
aim, client, facebook, fremantle, fring, googletalk, haze, icq, implementing msn, instant message, instant messaging, jabber, maemo, maemo 5, msn, pidgin, purple, sametime, skype, telepathy, y!m, yahoo