Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
May I suggest removing the menu bar in the mainwindow?
It shows an arrow in the title bar but there aren't any options so it's a bit confusing

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
May I suggest removing the menu bar in the mainwindow?
It shows an arrow in the title bar but there aren't any options so it's a bit confusing
Duly noted! Will do on the next release.
Thanks

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
hey i did a broadcast on my laptop , but what does it do?

Originally Posted by anaskr View Post
hey i did a broadcast on my laptop , but what does it do?
In short: it will "wake up" computers that are on standby or even powered off remotely from your phone.

Read: http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/jpo/software...an/mini-howto/

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Ahh great!
Now my list of "Stuff I Need In My Life" is starting to run out.
Yesterday, a desent FTP Client, N900FTP went live and now WakeOnLan. Thx.

Hmm, lets see, whats left on the list?
*Shazam or equal.
*Offline cache Spotify Client (will not happen).
*Sync phonecalender with hotmail/live.com calender (comming soon with Windows Live Wave 4).
*Send mapcordinates with MMS (could happen with fMMS)
*Real 3G Video Call (Depends on Nokia so I dont think so)
*Steam Chat (If Valve opens up the protocoll).
*A easy-to-use Java Emulator or run Java apps strait from filbrowser like good old Symbian S40.

Long list, but it has been longer

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
pm sent mate!! hope it helps

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
*A easy-to-use Java Emulator or run Java apps strait from filbrowser like good old Symbian S40.
Done. Install IcedTea6 and MicroEmulator. You can even setup the command line with the emulator to load a specific app, and make an icon for a single J2ME app right on the desktop.

It works with about 80% of the java apps I've used. In particular anything that uses Bluetooth seems to not be happy. Otherwise it works pretty well.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Just to clarify: this will NOT work on computers connected through WLAN ? Correct?

Originally Posted by Kajko View Post
Just to clarify: this will NOT work on computers connected through WLAN ? Correct?
Yes. It is correct.

EDIT: According to the next post it may work on WLAN. It will not work on WAN.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-06-15 at 13:36.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Actually, some PCs (and the PS3 - for remote play) use WWoL (Wireless Wake on LAN), assuming the BIOS (on your PC/laptop) supports it, it should work with the existing app.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-06-15 at 16:38. Reason: meh