Notices

After playing with themes my left menu icons disappeared - I see only labels as Web, Comm and Menu. How can I recover them back? I tried to switch to my old themes, reboot a device but nothing helped.
Thanks.

LATER: fixed it by (I believe) updating icon cache and rebooting. Found an answer somewhere in this forum.

Last edited by godd; 2009-01-24 at 05:28.

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Ian, i remember a long time ago you told me, but i couldnt find it what is the font used on the task navigator icons? And forgive me for asking, where do i get the templates from so i can modify them using thememaker?
The font is called UFP, and it gets installed in /usr/share/fonts/ by the Okuda theme.

Our source packages are here, but we built our themes using hildon-theme-tools, and I'm not sure what it would take to get Theme Maker to work with our custom layout. Our themes also include many more icons than Theme Maker currently covers.

You could ask Urho Konttori (who makes Theme Maker) about the possibilities, but honestly, I think hildon-theme-tools is your best bet if you want to modify our themes. All you need is Ubuntu (or another Debian-compatible Linux distro). We have a HowTo page, and Leif and I would be happy to help if you need us.

Originally Posted by godd View Post
After playing with themes my left menu icons disappeared - I see only labels as Web, Comm and Menu. How can I recover them back? I tried to switch to my old themes, reboot a device but nothing helped.
Thanks.

LATER: fixed it by (I believe) updating icon cache and rebooting. Found an answer somewhere in this forum.
The icon themes do require a full reboot (or "killall hildon-desktop" in the terminal) to switch properly (Maemo bug 3659) but you shouldn't have to update your icon cache; our themes do that during install and removal, but it shouldn't be necessary when switching themes. Is it possible that you did a soft reboot (was the power cord plugged in)? If you don't see a progress bar during startup, it's not a full reboot, and that could be why the icons weren't reloaded.

Now I see how it works. After selecting one of your themes Web and Menu icons changed to words, but Comm icon was still there until I rebooted. After reboot everythings looked good. Same if I am going back to Titan theme- two icons get changed right away, but the middle one (comm) changed only after reboot.
Another qustion- how can I set bk color? Looks like theme does not set it by itself and I could not figure out hot to set it to exact color .
Thanks.

Originally Posted by godd View Post
Another qustion- how can I set bk color? Looks like theme does not set it by itself and I could not figure out hot to set it to exact color .
Thanks.
I assume you mean the background color on the wallpaper/sidebar? Each theme comes with three background images, which are listed in the 'Set background image' dialog. One of those is the theme's default background color. If you want the sidebar drop shadows (as seen in some of the screenshots), select the background image labeled 'transparent sidebar' and then set the background color to whatever you want.

Silly me There are indeed bk images, not colors.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
Hi! Beautiful themes!
I think I am missing something in the install - the top panel icons did not change... How do I get the icons shown on the picture?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
reboot tablet or kill hildon-desktop...

I love all of these but especially Okuda. The only negative thing that I have to say is about the way Application manager displays. All of the applications are black on black unless individually hi-lighted.

I have solved this by installing the application manager modification, but it is a shame that I had to.

Hope that doesn't sound to negative because I really do appreciate and love the work that you guys are doing.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by tso View Post
reboot tablet or kill hildon-desktop...
Did that, but still have the old icons...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, meta plays nice with the mostly white icons of the "tray".

but it seems it got issues with modest. the second line of text pr mail is permanently black.

i also discovered that webkit, unlike microb, uses the colors of the theme as background for the input boxes on webpages, but keeps the text color (gray/black on dark blue anyone?)...

another one, the feeds sidebar in the rss reader seems to stay black...

Last edited by tso; 2009-01-27 at 03:53.

Tags
gui, hildon, theme, themes