Got a 75 Ohm headphones, or what?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Got a 75 Ohm headphones, or what?
ROFL

i have creative EP-830

It was only a half-joke, as mechanism detecting type of plug connected (headphones, microphone, TV-out) is based on OHM value between mass and 3th part of jack plug. On pure headphones, 3th part is non-existent, so resistance is 0. ON microphone, resistance is ~infinite. On TV-Out - while connected to TV - it's 75 Ohm.

So, if You get TV-Out enabled popping out while plugging-in headphones, it seems like it happen when plug is only partially insert - resistance between 1st or 2nd part of jack and mass (or 1st and 2nd part, it depends on how much plug is inside) is triggered by detecting 75 Ohm resistance.

I can't tell why it's happening - it doesn't in my case. Maybe Your plug/cable is damaged, and there is very little connection between 1st and 2nd pin (left and right channel), generating ~75 Ohm resistance? It's 7-8x higher value than direct (even thin) connection, so You could not detect it while using headphones.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
sed s/mass/ground

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
hello all,

i updated to cssu last week, and everything was alright...till i got a few themes added. i wanted to get rid of a few themes so after removing them, i got a msg in fast application manager that i had to manually replace the transition.ini after it had removed the theme. so i had the cssu menu and i chose from the power button menu to restore to default. after that i booted and no more cssu option anywhere, not in menu not in power button its jus gone.

so now i need some help or guidence to get it bak or suggestion how to reinstall cssu, do i flash it with with normal firmware then added cssu again? or jus reinstall cssu over the exiting install?

i had backup menu installed b4 getting cssu and it had made a backup but its showin as not installed in app manager and doesnt show on boot with keyboard open...i had the testing cssu installed....

hope someone can provide some help...

thanks

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
There is a bug back on Modest email in CSSU stable and testing that was fixed on PR1.3 I was mentioned few posts back as this bug was already reported and fixed I am not sure if I have to file/report it again here is the bug report , and the problem has been discussed in this thread . So do I have to file the bug again ?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by g0r View Post
There is a bug back on Modest email in CSSU stable and testing that was fixed on PR1.3 I was mentioned few posts back as this bug was already reported and fixed I am not sure if I have to file/report it again here is the bug report , and the problem has been discussed in this thread . So do I have to file the bug again ?
Maybe just reopen it, if you can change the product. Otherwise open a new one with the reference to the original report.

Sorry for the troubles.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luunaitk12 View Post
hello all,

i updated to cssu last week, and everything was alright...till i got a few themes added. i wanted to get rid of a few themes so after removing them, i got a msg in fast application manager that i had to manually replace the transition.ini after it had removed the theme. so i had the cssu menu and i chose from the power button menu to restore to default. after that i booted and no more cssu option anywhere, not in menu not in power button its jus gone.

so now i need some help or guidence to get it bak or suggestion how to reinstall cssu, do i flash it with with normal firmware then added cssu again? or jus reinstall cssu over the exiting install?

i had backup menu installed b4 getting cssu and it had made a backup but its showin as not installed in app manager and doesnt show on boot with keyboard open...i had the testing cssu installed....

hope someone can provide some help...

thanks

anyone there to help out? or guide to the right place?

i've installed cssu-stable, can i still install cssu-testing?

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Maybe just reopen it, if you can change the product. Otherwise open a new one with the reference to the original report.

Sorry for the troubles.

New bug report opened with reference to the old one, to view, vote for faster problem solving see bug report 12604 here

Edit: Edit: apparently is a duplicate see bug 12285

Last edited by g0r; 2012-04-20 at 14:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to g0r For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing