Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
is whatsapp or this app is safe to share pic or for private conversation ?

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
What do you mean with safe? Read privacy policy of Whatsapp, you will find what you need,I guess.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
If you are planning a murder, Whatsapp probably isn't the safest way of doing that :P

Anyway Whatsapp is allowed to store your phone number and the numbers of the people in your contact list. This is what they say about storing messages:

Code:
The contents of messages that have been delivered by the WhatsApp Service are not copied, kept or archived by WhatsApp in the normal course of business.
The last line basically means they are also allowed to read and store your messages if 'for example' a government would ask for that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Short answer: No

Middle answer: F*ck NO!

Long answer: Whatsapp encription sucks. By a wifi without password, somebody could see all you send and receive. By 3G just your phone company. If somebody get your device, he/she would be able to get all your whatsapp conversations. Privacy policy of Whatsapp could change when they want and they wrote that they won't tell about the changes and that you must read them at their web from time to time.

Spotbross or Gtalk are safer, they use good encription. There isn't Spotbross por N900 or N9, Gtalk support is integrated and could be used from any jclient wich support jabber protocol.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
It looks you don't use it too much since you are using a very outdated version. Just upgrade Yappari to the latest version. Links as usual are in the first post.
I don't know why i thought I installed the last version.
Now really i installed the last version and is working well.

Thanks Scorpius

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
im not receiving a multimedia file its a image. and even cant send

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
im not receiving a multimedia file its a image. and even cant send
What is the size of the image you are trying to send and receive? Also please attach your log file in your next post or send it to Scorpius in a PM.

The log file is located: /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log

hello there, i read u'r post of yappari, i downloaded it and installed it successfully
to be frank i died 3 months to even find a post like this, i am from india, searched the web very much to find you
incidently, i am to new here or know very little about my phone( n900)
i didn't understand anything about that alpha thing u said, n i don't know to send a log n don't have a "QT"(application i think), plz help me
i have installed properly yappari but ,m but i am at a dead end cause i am noob,
please help, how do i get connected with my friends using whatsapp.!!
to my woes i hers whatsapp has blocked yappari, hope its not true, please respond soon

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@ hemanth

My friend, you need to provide some information so the developer would be able to help you. Simply saying " i am at a dead end cause i am noob" is not enough for a developer to provide advice. You need to explain in more details what is your problem exactly.

About the "alpha" part, it means that you should not expect all the fancy features at this stage, and there is a possibility of errors and bugs *Lots of them*. As for the Qt, you have no need to worry about it, provided you have managed to get the application running fine without errors or crashing.

Sending a log is easy. On your N900, navigate to "/home/user/.config/scorpius/" there is a file named "yappari.log", you just have to send this file to the developer. It does not matter how you send the file to him, you could use any sharing website and then send the link to him, or to save you the trouble of registering you could use pastebin; just open the log file, copy the contents, paste it on pastebin and then send the generated link to scorpius in a pm or just post the link here.

The Following User Says Thank You to mlwane For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, i'm new to this community. Have been using n900 for a while. Just downloaded Yappari a few days back and i must say it is awesome. Good job Scorpious and other devs
Which language have you compiled the code in? and how do i find a log file (thats being frequently mentioned here)?
kudos

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp