Hi, every one. I have a 770 with OS2007HE installed. I am no longer able update software. I have run the update function using the application manager and even after I disable all of the invalid repositories I only get one update (omweather). When I try to update that I get a message that there is a corrupted file.

I am not able to get into root for some reason. I have tried both sudo getroot and sudo becomeroot but neither will accept the rootme password. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

I can ssh to the device and it accepts the password there and run get-apt update but I still have the corrupted file problem when I go back to application manager and I don't know which file to delete.

Also, I have thought of loading the OS2008HE but I'm not sure whether it is practical for me.

Also, is there a script I could download and run to load the OS to the MMC card. I know there are explanations of what to do, but I am not that great in Unix to follow them very well.

Bob

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
There's a deb for cloning the OS to a memory card:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ht=cloning+deb
i'm not that great in unix either. i'm still too scared to try dual-booting, but if i ever do it, i'd probably use that deb. looks pretty easy.

EDIT: if you want OS2008 on MMC and OS2007 on the device memory, i'm not sure how helpful the deb is, after all. maybe someone else can be of more help....

Last edited by jmjanzen; 2008-11-25 at 20:24.

Tags
application manager, apt-get, root password, update