Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Yesterday night, I got notified of the new OS update available for my N800. The new OS Update version was 5.2008.43.7.

Before the update, my "battery symbol" was showing just less than full in capacity (approx 85-90%). But after the update, it automatically started showing full capacity. How could this be possible? The OS Software update download was around 18.8MB and also, my tablet wasn't connected to the charger during this whole time.

Are there any significant improvements in the battery usage or is this a small bug. I can't reproduce this but if anyone hasn't still updated their tablet yet can just try this out.

Thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Well I got the opposite, which is kind of what I expected as after a reboot the power meter is always goofed. (leave the tablet running for a few minutes and it'll figure itself out, I assume because the idle causes the CPU to clock down, reduce consumption, etc and therefor extend projected battery time). It's possible you had the same sort of situation, where the battery monitor had dropped because the update was using a lot of CPU power, and when you were done/rebooted it just got itself all fixed up and "more accurate" again...
Thanks,
-Rob

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Well, my battery meter was showing not-full status before the update and not so just while updating.

But, your one part (consumption of less battery cycles by the cpu when in standby) of the answer was convincing and makes sense.

Thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, n800, update