i had a problem early in my phone

i saw in the extra devel package a new software for maemo 5 so i tried to instal it and he asked to create a back up so i made backup after that nothing happen i restart my phone and the big prob happen the vibrate screen touch dosnt work even vibrate call nether i search inside the settings and i found its already marked on vibratin touch screen and inside the profile too !!!!

the LED patterns also nothing inside it !!! i tried to make restore for the settings but nothing chane

that's all the prob plus i had a new icon inside the app name maemo 5 but its unbale to install or to unstall so ????

what should i do in this situation

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i need a help

Reflash your device:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_your_device

And in the future don't install things from extras-devel or extras-testing if you don't know what you're doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
I hope it's not rude to ask but do you have bad eye sight or is there another reason you've used a monster font?

There is one way to fix all such problems: reinstall Maemo itself (a process called flashing!). Plug your device into your PC and copy off all your contacts, files, other data etc then look up "flashing" in the Maemo Wiki.

However, that might be a sledge hammer - nut approach. Your request is somewhat garbled so please would you clarify your problem in calm, comprehensible prose?

ps. You need to read and heed the warnings about software in extra-devel. There are a few notable exceptions but by and large when software is in the development repository, it's just that: in development and under construction!

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Try this to make it vibrate:

http://youtu.be/OeYN_hyR9YI

sorry !

ok ill try to reflash my phone but im not expert so any one can tell me what i should do after i install the flasher and the the latest firmware image cz i alrady download it i have windows xp but i dont know if 32 or 64 and i hope any one can teach me how to do it step by step and how to reflash the emmc also i acctualy dont know nothing about the extras devel and im so upset plz some one help me

plllllllz

This is about as simple as the instructions can get:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...rmware#Windows

Unless you installed WinXP 64bit yourself, you're running the 32-bit version.

An eMMC reflash isn't necessary to get the device working, do this first and go from there.

Last edited by GameboyRMH; 2011-10-04 at 16:02.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
I have the same problem, n900 doesnt vibrate at all. I have flashed it 2 times within a month now and it didnt vibrate before nor after. Does someone have the same issue?

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Which firmware did you used to reflash? Have you also flashed the eMMC with the fiasco (aka Combined) or did you just flash the eMMC or fiasco?

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
try installing 'vibrator changer' from the app manager

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Anyone who has done a rootfs+eMMC reflash and their device still doesn't vibrate definitely has a dead vibration motor. Replacing it is a pretty serious bit of hardware work, your best bet would be to remove the motor then go to a cell phone shop to find a suitable replacement and solder it back in.

Some people have gotten more life out of failing vibration motors by using a script to run them for long periods while shaking the phone to shake debris out of the motor.