Notices

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I got an even odder result. Was using the version earlier that mixed espeak for the street names and used the wavs for the normal guidance. I could hear all the espeak stuff, but it was clearly missing chunks where it was supposed to be saying the other things. The odd part was that it was delayed the right amount of time to say the things it was supposed to... it just didn't say anything. The python server was running... with the proper path and all that. I just don't get why it's not doing what its supposed to. :P

Any thoughts?
can you try to play a file using aplay in the terminal? Not sure whats its part of, might be the 'sox' package.

Cheers,

Joerg

The Following User Says Thank You to jhb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by jhb View Post
can you try to play a file using aplay in the terminal? Not sure whats its part of, might be the 'sox' package.

Cheers,

Joerg
I'm quite able to play the files with aplay, with or without a .wav extension. I looked through the script to see how it was playing them and found that earlier, and tried it. Running it by hand seemed to work fine. I tried running the server as user and as root, but neither got the end result of it saying things, other than what espeak was saying.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Castle Rock, CO. USA
Alright. Call me daft. In the html folder I've got the updated index.html file.

I've also got a directory: english_us
Inside english_us I've got english_us_male
Inside english_us_male I've got the config.xml and all the .wav files.

Is this the correct directory structure? I've got functional nav but no voices.

\html\index.html
\html\english_us\english_us_male\*.wav
\html\english_us\english_us_male\config.xml

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by cyapalmos View Post
Alright. Call me daft. In the html folder I've got the updated index.html file.

I've also got a directory: english_us
Inside english_us I've got english_us_male
Inside english_us_male I've got the config.xml and all the .wav files.

Is this the correct directory structure? I've got functional nav but no voices.

\html\index.html
\html\english_us\english_us_male\*.wav
\html\english_us\english_us_male\config.xml
Depends if you are using Blaizzen's or CormacB's version, I believe. If using the former, follow the instructions in this post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=154

If using the latter, follow the instructions in this post (substituting English for Indonesian):

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=170

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Castle Rock, CO. USA
Ah hah! I missed those posts.

Working on it now.

Thanks!

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Dresden - Germany
Hey Guys,

I've got a problem. I've read this thread a long time a go for the first time, when Maneuver und POI was new! Than I don't had any time to play around on my N900.

Now I've looked again in this thread a i thought my heard will stop beating! Cause there is a Voice-Guide - wow! Great work!

BUT: I've looked on first post and done the installation, at the moment I use the german sound files, cause Maps wanted them - cause it's the set up language in my N900. But it won't play any sound! I tried to reboot and played also the files from MicroB.

Any idea, do I need some extra software (pre)installed, do I have to set up rights for the language/voice folder?!

THANKS, for hard work and this amazing Mod.

AlphaX2

The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaX2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi, Awesome work. I have downloaded CormacB's version. Does this version also include the POI as shown in the first post? For instance if I select parking in POI the parking locations do not appear on the screen.
Do I need to use the html and html-Manevours in the first post also?

Thanks

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by AlphaX2 View Post
Hey Guys,

I've got a problem. I've read this thread a long time a go for the first time, when Maneuver und POI was new! Than I don't had any time to play around on my N900.

Now I've looked again in this thread a i thought my heard will stop beating! Cause there is a Voice-Guide - wow! Great work!

BUT: I've looked on first post and done the installation, at the moment I use the german sound files, cause Maps wanted them - cause it's the set up language in my N900. But it won't play any sound! I tried to reboot and played also the files from MicroB.

Any idea, do I need some extra software (pre)installed, do I have to set up rights for the language/voice folder?!

THANKS, for hard work and this amazing Mod.

AlphaX2
try http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=170 but instead of indonesian change it to german. Also all the sound files have been placed in the correct folder and have the wav extension right? Lastly if all else fails, try changing the html file to hardcode the folder used. If that fails, sorry I'm out of ideas, maybe try contacting CormacB.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi, Awesome work. I have downloaded CormacB's version. Does this version also include the POI as shown in the first post? For instance if I select parking in POI the parking locations do not appear on the screen.
Do I need to use the html and html-Manevours in the first post also?

Thanks
CormacB's version should have all the changes and mods released so far (except html5 voice instead of python). Make sure you select the POI button (once a route is calculated its visible). This will toggle the POI icons.

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2011-02-02 at 02:32.

Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
try http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=170 but instead of indonesian change it to german. Also all the sound files have been placed in the correct folder and have the wav extension right? Lastly if all else fails, try changing the html file to hardcode the folder used. If that fails, sorry I'm out of ideas, maybe try contacting CormacB.

CormacB's version should have all the changes and mods released so far (except html5 voice instead of python). Make sure you select the POI button (once a route is calculated its visible). This will toggle the POI icons.
Thanks! Now have the POI icons. Looks good. Will test voice this afternoon...

Hi, I did not succeed to get voice to work... Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated. Regardless, thanks for your efforts in improving ovi maps on N900.