Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
This is just a test.

I've registered via my Blackberry Bold.
My first ever smartphone is/was a Nokia N82 followed by this Blackberry.
I use the N82 as my camera as I have no standalone camera.
The Blackberry is great for browsing, watching movies and of course the push email. Great device. I almost went for the E71 last August.
The other alternative was an iPhone but there are a few things it doesn't have that stopped me going for it - things like removeable battery/memory card, lack of multitasking (on either of my phones I can have multiple internets and messenger services open concurrently, for examnple), I don't like iTunes and lack of hardware keyboard.
If the Nokia N82 (with xenon flash) could be combined with the Blackberry Bold, that would be a great device.

Also, I found this forum from a website which linked to the portrait mode thread and asked people to give their reasons for portrait mode.
My main reason at the moment is one handed use. I was injured playing sport earlier this year and walk around with a crutch now, so stopping in the middle of the street to open a keyboard in landscape just to type ok is not really appealing.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
You might find the thread -- N900 vs Blackberry User Experience Questions -- of particular interest:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=31936

It would be a better place than this thread to continue the issues you've brought up here.

Welcome to the forum; I hope you feel your test went well.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

lol. Be careful hanging around here. This place gets addictive.

Tags
blackberry, introducing, n82, portrait mode