I was just given N810 with only the charger, how can I tell if it is WiMax edition and which miniSD cards will work with it??? Will any 3.5mm headphones work and are there any suggestions for a good but inexpensive set? Thanks

Originally Posted by jayjudd81 View Post
I was just given N810 with only the charger, how can I tell if it is WiMax edition
The easiest way is just by looking at it: the WiMax edition's keyboard is black, while the "plain" one's silver. Alternatively run "osso-product-info" in the terminal and look at the output (RX-48 = N810W, RX-44 = N810).

and which miniSD cards will work with it???
Both SD and SDHC type cards work. You should probably look into microSD as you can get better prices and/or higher capacities in that format, but be aware that some microSD to miniSD adaptors (notably Sandisk, though their cards themselves work fine) don't work in the N810.

Will any 3.5mm headphones work and are there any suggestions for a good but inexpensive set?
Any standard set of headphones should be fine. Don't waste money on extras like volume buttons as the software doesn't support them anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
iirc, the wimax version is extra bulky to fit the wimax radio.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Iowa, USA
I'll second the micro-SD suggestion. The Kingston adapter has worked flawlessly for me, and I chose it after reading through a number of threadsx on the subject. Get one with both the micro-to-mini & micro-to-full-size adapters if you want to be able to transfer lots of files from other sources.

The Following User Says Thank You to thersites For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted by jayjudd81 View Post
I was just given N810 with only the charger, how can I tell if it is WiMax edition
Just look at the label under the battery. It would say “Nokia N810 WiMAX Edition”
And there’s WiMAX MAC address(?) under the WLAN MAC address information