Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Definitely! Maybe that's even the way forward. For somone who comes after Jolla, that is. Make a usable Linux tablet (with a strong emphasis on the word usable) and maybe (with a strong emphasis on the word maybe) move on to phones once that foot is firmly in the door.
Ok, cool; so, perhaps we should enumerate exactly what a tablet requires to be truly "usable". (And yeah, as I've never before used a tablet myself, I'm going to have to learn what this would take.) I would imagine that it'd be nice to start by using concepts from Maemo, Meego, Nemo, and Sailfish; at least, that's probably where I would begin.

Maybe this needs a new thread? I think I'm diverging quite a bit from the original intent of this thread now...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ok, cool; so, perhaps we should enumerate exactly what a tablet requires to be truly "usable".
You know what, that actually sounds like a really intriguing proposition. But I am not sure I am really the most inventive UI designer in the universe. I would never come up with a swipe interface, for example. OTOH, I might be not too bad at spotting faults and suggesting improvements

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
You know what, that actually sounds like a really intriguing proposition. But I am not sure I am really the most inventive UI designer in the universe. I would never come up with a swipe interface, for example. OTOH, I might be not too bad at spotting faults and suggesting improvements
You are, I am sure, light-years ahead of me. I have, as I may have mentioned before, no artistic ability to speak of. And, I'm most comfortable interacting with a computer via a command line...

But yeah, let me go ahead and start up another thread for this topic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
So all we need do is the opposite of what a command line junkie and an uninventive UI designer want. Sorted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
So all we need do is the opposite of what a command line junkie and an uninventive UI designer want. Sorted.
If that's what you want, go for it man!

Myself, I see the command-line-junkie market as thoroughly untapped. Makes for a great place to get a foothold, and expand into other areas...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
https://twitter.com/JaakkoRoppola/st...02950677389312

seems that Jaakko Roppola (ex sailfish UX designer, one of the most important men of silica design) wants to help building Nemo Mobile's GlacierUI. This is an amazing news!

If you want to contribute offering a beer to devs (not me, since i am not one). but do want to use Paypal or Bitcoin, instead of classic bank way.. i have created a paypal account, after talking with locusf. i will transfer all donations to official bank account, since i am in europe and could be easier once we will collect enought. (of course i will give you updated screenshots of balance of paypal account, for transparency)

paypal address is nemomobile@libero.it

when i will manage to understand how bitcoin system works i will give a bitcoin address for ones who want contribute in that way

Last edited by itdoesntmatt; 2015-12-21 at 19:17.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
https://twitter.com/JaakkoRoppola/st...02950677389312

seems that Jaakko Roppola (ex sailfish UX designer, one of the most important men of silica design) wants to help building Nemo Mobile's GlacierUI. This is an amazing news!

If you want to contribute offering a beer to devs (not me, since i am not one). but do want to use Paypal or Bitcoin, instead of classic bank way.. i have created a paypal account, after talking with locusf. i will transfer all donations to official bank account, since i am in europe and could be easier once we will collect enought. (of course i will give you updated screenshots of balance of paypal account, for transparency)

paypal address is nemomobile@libero.it

when i will manage to understand how bitcoin system works i will give a bitcoin address for ones who want contribute in that way
Yes this address is valid. Please use it for donations.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to locusf For This Useful Post:
First Donation received, really thanks for the first Gentleman who joined us. For transparency i will publish every month the balance of the account with list of movements, censoring name/addresses of course.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
i support nemo | n9

Last edited by karlos devel; 2015-12-27 at 06:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...1&goto=newpost

Seems ekkelund with locusf and the other SFdroid wonderful guys eventually managed to use nemo with sfdroid on n5.

It is a great step foward! keep on!

PS: locusf presented nemo mobile tablet (based on raspberry Pi2 ) at FOSDEM, his project won also a prize, i will try to find a video of that talk in the next days.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post: