Hello, elemental!

Recently I tried playing "Battletoads vs double dragon" and experienced a major glitch in NES emulation - screen went black right after level start. I'm writing it here because you said that you have totally rewrited NES emulator for the greater good, but this ROM run absolutely good on previous version of emumaster before rewrite.

After some digging I figured that render mode affects this problem but doesn't solve it. If you set render to "tile" or something without "all" - level will start without problems but then, after some time, the game itself will freeze. Changing frameskip and sprite limiter also doesn't help.

Any ideas why the ROM stopped working?

Hi, I have no idea as of now why it doesn't work. But thank you for great reporting, everyone else should learn from you how to report a bug. I added it to compatibility list to remember to fix this regression.

Hi! I just updated my emulator to 0.3.0 and now when I try to play a gba game it says "loading state failed.....". Is there anything I can do?

Thank you elemental for your hard work!

Please, post the entire message not only "loading state faile...", the second part is important

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
elemental, at the moment, you have to set the profile at least to ''beep'' to get sound from the games. But I dont want to set it to any beeping sound or ringtone. I like to keep my profile on silent, but still like to hear the sound from the games.

Will there be a fix for this?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Well, there goes a story:
Harmattan has resource policy and suggested control of this policy for games is to include a file which tells MeeGo that the application is a game. That way clicking on vol up/down controls volume instead of switching profiles, but as a drawback it switches off the sound completely when "silent" profile is selected. What is more surprising is that plain application (without the mentioned file) plays music even when "silent" IS selected, but vol buttons switches profiles. I need to control volume buttons manually (not through mentioned file). I already got this functionality (I can reveal I have working quick save/load and fast forward by pressing vol buttons, but this reveal is only a small drop in the sea, do not please me to reveal more). What I got to do is to check how to manually control volume from application, which I suppose is easy. So as you can see, it's not a thing that should be fixed, but rather a feature. I am going to make this as an option.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
elemental, at the moment, you have to set the profile at least to ''beep'' to get sound from the games. But I dont want to set it to any beeping sound or ringtone. I like to keep my profile on silent, but still like to hear the sound from the games.

Will there be a fix for this?
Elemental, I think I know what he's going through, it can be a little annoying when playing a game and notification alerts go off as well as when the incoming call screen totally interupts the game I'm playing. I understand it could be a little rude, however would it be possible to create an option to turn off notification alert sounds and reject incoming calls and prevent the incoming call from taking over my screen?

No, it's a basic rule for Ovi Store to pause applications on incoming call, sorry.
Tip: But there is already such a functionality: it's called "Flight mode"

Last edited by elemental; 2012-07-28 at 05:29.

First of all... thank you for a great emulator! Just got my hands on a N9 yesterday and love the system so far.

I have a question though. Are there plans to improve the SNES emulation? Mainly the sound emulation. Yesterday I tried Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3 and Zelda III and all of them has some serious audio issues.

Last edited by dannejanne; 2012-08-03 at 06:38.

In the upcoming version the sound subsystem is totally rewritten. Each emulation benefits from it. I paid attention to SNES emulation and I improved the sound here a lot. So I can confirm that most sound glitches of SNES games are gone in the next release (those two you've mentioned too).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post: