Not one to defend Windows in any way, but is this relevant at all? Unless it's done completely wrong, the text is going to be vectors to be rendered, antialiased etc on the printer side in the end. I'd be more concerned about the print quality of the (bitmap) map to be honest.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Question, and no big deal if too late. Are the forum names based upon t.m.o or m.o? My t.m.o name is all caps, as it should be, but my m.o one is all lowercase, I think due to some limitation of m.o. Not a big deal, but I'd prefer my t.m.o name on the badge if possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Late LT's added to the Schedule. Sorry for the delay

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
Question, and no big deal if too late. Are the forum names based upon t.m.o or m.o? My t.m.o name is all caps, as it should be, but my m.o one is all lowercase, I think due to some limitation of m.o. Not a big deal, but I'd prefer my t.m.o name on the badge if possible.
Same here

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but there should be a way to hide/remove your employer name from the badge. Not everyone represents his employer at the summit and there may be legal problems with misrepresentation.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
The badges have gone to the print with the latest PDF from Texrat and the current fields in the registration database. There is no way back now.

The nicks are maemo.org nicks, I'm afraid. afaik both databases are not integrated and now it's just too late.

An email was sent to all registered participants asking them to update their profiles according to the information they wanted to show in the Summit badge. If someone had a problem showing his employer he could simply remove it. In a worst case scenario it will be still printed and you can use some tippex, put a maemo.orgm sticker on it, etc.

btw, the printed PDF looks great with no font rendering problems at all. You can safely go some posts back and add a Thank! to Texrat.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
...The nicks are maemo.org nicks, I'm afraid. afaik both databases are not integrated and now it's just too late....
Thanks for the clarification. No problem as I said.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by fms View Post
Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but there should be a way to hide/remove your employer name from the badge. Not everyone represents his employer at the summit and there may be legal problems with misrepresentation.
My original intention was to also print out some blanks for whatever reason. Unfortunately I cannot find a local source of A4 paper (which blows my mind). However I can scale some down to A sized (8.5 x 11 inches). Or maybe you can convince Quim to run some off.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by X-Fade View Post
The fonts are rendered really badly. No antialising what so ever. The design looks good, but the fonts look really ugly. But I guess that even on windows there is a setting to render fonts more beautiful.
It was a Publisher to PNG export, and yeah, I used default settings. Sorry if that was an issue for anyone working with the result.

EDIT: but this looked MUCH better on my old CRT screen than it does on the LCD I'm using now. No amount of antialiasing can fix that.

Last edited by Texrat; 2009-10-05 at 13:33.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
There is a problem with text case in maemo.org. If you just try to fix the case of your name (mine was all lower case) it won't change. This is probably because there is a check that says, "Has the user changed this field? If no, don't update the database." The problem with the check is that it doesn't check for case changes.

I fixed my "muggle name" being all lower case with this workaround:
1. Edit your profile.
2. Add a single character to the end of any field you wish to change. For example, change "firstname" to "firstnamex".
3. Save your profile.
4. Edit your profile again.
4. Change the fields to the values you actually want. For example, change "firstnamex" to "Firstname".
5. Save your profile.

And there you go.