Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
wow...looks nice...can't wait till its released

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Toronto
Can't wait

Also, make it such that when we do update our status, it comes via Nokia N900.

Also, hope you get ideas from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua86RBiGMtU

Everytime you don't click on my blog, I kill a kitten

Last edited by evil_m0nkey; 2010-04-05 at 08:50. Reason: Link fixed

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evil_m0nkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Screenie of the N97/5800 facebook widget

If you have a Forum Nokia account you can take a peak in the RDA section (it's like VNC'ing, you control a real device), if not, make an account

Liking the app a lot, not sure if the API allows (most probably kept as an iPhone exclusive feature) but push would be useful here, instead of manually checking/checking at intervals, but I'm not expecting that since it's most prolly closed.

If you want pre-alpha testers I'm here
Thanks for the tip re: Forum Nokia. I'm not sure I want to dirty myself by playing with Symbian, but maybe I'll give it a shot.

At a brief bunch of searches, I don't think push is possible for non-iPhone usage (sigh) - and in fact I'm not even sure it's entirely done on Facebook's side of things since the stuff I did manage to turn up seemed to imply that it uses some Apple tricks...

Pre-alpha might be an idea, but I still want to do a tiny bit more polishing. Maybe tonight

Originally Posted by evil_m0nkey View Post
Can't wait

Also, make it such that when we do update our status, it comes via Nokia N900.

Also, hope you get ideas from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua86RBiGMtU
Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to take a look - although I will also be doing my best to make a *better* experience. And definitely one that is more integrated with the Maemo platform - seeing as that's one of the big reasons I started out doing this

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
would it be possible to make it look like facebook? i mean the colors and design, not in the typical n900 black.. that would make it a real good facebook application in my opinion.. maybe i'm the only one but wanted to ask

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caesar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
would it be possible to make it look like facebook? i mean the colors and design, not in the typical n900 black.. that would make it a real good facebook application in my opinion.. maybe i'm the only one but wanted to ask
Probably *possible*, yeah, but I'm not sure I want to do this. I wanted something that blends in with the rest of the system nicely.. I'll keep it in mind, though, and we'll see what happens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
would be great, maybe a possibility in settings to activate a facebook looking-like UI, of course after you finished all the more important stuff and have implemented all functions you would like to thx

The Following User Says Thank You to Caesar For This Useful Post:
please include a chat feature if you can. even on microB it's kinda annoying and hard to tap...

if you can do like the iphone version, that'll be great =)

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
A much needed app for the N900 thank you. I would not mind if it was totally different from tne N97 version as it was cumbersome and slow as a turtle when I had my N97.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
that's a very good idea ! and about the facebook like gui, i think it would be great, just like tweego, it has a very nice interface !

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Tags
bada rox, hit and run, what a poser