Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Is there anyone in the United Kingdom who has been able to get their hands on one of these?

I want one, where can I buy it?

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Wandered into a Carhphone Warehouse this evening. They're on display, so assume they're on sale? See if you can buy one out right (no contract) - I'm sure it's possible to get it shipped worldwide somehow.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I played with the Z10 at phone4u

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I think its not available without a contract. At least it wasn't the last time I checked.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i heard its available here in Pakistan with a whopping price tag of 1206$.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Balisingh, I have one... I'd suggest waiting till tmo and att get it... Just saying

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Balisingh, I have one... I'd suggest waiting till tmo and att get it... Just saying
Which is end of March, at the earliest now. Which... for me and my failing N9, I've switched to the Dev Alpha B device as my full-time phone until then.

Or I could install the leaked Z10 firmware on my device instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
for me and my failing N9, I've switched to the Dev Alpha B device as my full-time phone until then.
Good luck. I failed after trying for one day. Back at home.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Good luck. I failed after trying for one day. Back at home.
I don't need luck. It (BB10 and the Dev Alpha B device) actually isn't bad at all. Better battery life than the N9, feels more fluid and I know it'll get updates.

Oh... and 4G LTE speeds. I'm missing the freedom of the N9, but the fact that it is the second one that's failing on me, I'm in no rush to go back to the N9 like I did after the Lumia 900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Did have a play about with a Z10 in my Voda shop for half hour (hardly long enough to give a thorough opinion).

First off, they could have rounded the edges of the casing, felt a little uncomfortable to hold. Build quality felt good, pretty much felt the same weight as the N900 (only about 50g difference, I think). Liked the idea of the interchangeable battery and the fact they've managed to keep the size of that to a minimum, so no Galaxy slab syndrome.

As for the UI, I found it quick and fluid, but half an hour of up-time wasn't exactly taxing things. Some of the UI effects are nice, especially the fade to menu from the home screen. Although one of the first things I did notice and found disappointing was there was no back button, so I ended up pressing the lock button twice and starting from the homescreen again.

Would I "up"grade to a Z10?
If it wasn't for the fact that I'd be losing quite a few nifty little tricks of the N900, I would do. But only after the device has been on the market for at least 6 months, give it time to settle and watch to see if it does something to impress within that time.
Otherwise I'll be staying with the N900 and waiting for Ubuntu, Firefox and Jolla.

Don't think I'll bother with the Q10. That is one ugly beast and too "old school BlackBerry". Now if it was a Z10 with a slide out QWERTY..............

Last edited by stickymick; 2013-02-09 at 09:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse