Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Does anyone had portrait keyboard like meego or android or apple type . Because i am facing problem when using portrait mode. i always have to use my both hands while type and have to open the keyboard of the phone which is not possible while driving or when doing some other word.
I dont have any hard feelings for the slide out keyboard but i love it the most and i need this portrait keyboard also.... have any one ported it? any work in progress or not avaible at all?
Guys dont you think now its time to have this keyboard as your beloved n900 is working in full portrait mode?

The Following User Says Thank You to jinnn_1989 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
FastSMS & FastsmsEVO....

next time search within all repo in HAM & FAM rather than requesting something that already have in repo....if you lazy enough then us power search in this TMO....

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
There's one horrible problem with FastSMS/FastSMSEvo - it depends on QTMobility, which breaks if you have multiple accounts for the same service configured and enabled in Conversations/Accounts (if only one is enabled it works fine, but if you say, want your N900 to sign you in to multiple google talk/skype/whatever accounts at once, you have to sacrifice FastSMSEvo use for that time period).

But, it's not a problem for many people, and it's always possible QTMobility and/or FastSMS itself has had this fixed by now, or will in the future. (Currently, you can get a scrunched version of the default hildon vkb if you have forced rotation enabled in the CSSU desktop transitions.ini file settings).

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
FastSMS & FastsmsEVO....

next time search within all repo in HAM & FAM rather than requesting something that already have in repo....if you lazy enough then us power search in this TMO....
excuse meeeee.....i am not lazy. i know about fastsms and fastsmsevo.....i also have them installed
I want an full qwerty keybaord.

the native keyboard, with the new cssu update, goes very well in portrait mode!
Name:  Screenshot-20110915-021625.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  22.8 KB

The Following User Says Thank You to amadeukaos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Samnan,Sharjah,U.A.E.
and dont forget about the mcip that has a decent interface and in portrait you can switch between T9/Qwerty

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jinnn_1989 View Post
excuse meeeee.....i am not lazy. i know about fastsms and fastsmsevo.....i also have them installed
I want an full qwerty keybaord.
You do realize FastsmsEvo can be switched from T9 to full qwerty?

how do i use fastsms as my default keybaord?

FastsmsEvo felt always a bit jerky. It is slow and it just did not work as great as the standard portrait keyboard. The standard portrait keyboard is of course the standard landscape keyboard squeezed together. This also leads to some problems; some buttons aren't there etc, but it still works better than FastsmsEvo.

The Following User Says Thank You to end2begin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
And is the portrait vkbd in community-testing? If not, which packages from community-devel should I install