Notices

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Chennai-INDIA
Hello ,

I installed linkeup in my N900 got the icon ,still when tried to open it the screen goes blank .

Need help.

Aaron

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aaron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Hello ,

I installed linkeup in my N900 got the icon ,still when tried to open it the screen goes blank .

Need help.

Aaron
Hi Aaron, thanks for trying the app. Before you install it make sure you update your repository. The current version is 0.0.3-3, and it fixed a missing dependency (or so i thought).

root
$ apt-get update
$ apt-get install --reinstall linkedup

if it still doesnt work, try

$ apt-get install mcsp

and try again.

Last edited by antman8969; 2011-06-29 at 13:54.

Hello ,Thanks a lot ...I just got it fixed by updating the respository...Still ,when opened i was re-directed to LinkeIn page for my pin number and got the same ,when enterd to the authorization number it holds up ....Sorry troubling you ..Please help...

I would rate this application as the best forever to all the professionals.....

Thanks a Ton .....

Hello ,tried it again and it works now ....Awesome !!!
Great application.....

Can you add the messages ,invitation ,inbox and if possible desktop widget ...

Again and again i thank for your wonderful work ....

Aaron

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Hello ,tried it again and it works now ....Awesome !!!
Great application.....

Can you add the messages ,invitation ,inbox and if possible desktop widget ...

Again and again i thank for your wonderful work ....

Aaron
desktop widget is definitely something i would like to do, I'll add it to the list up top.

As for the inbox, I dont know why but linkedin doesn't allow applications to get messages. I think they're addressing security concerns at the moment, so all they allow me to do is send messages, which you can do by going to someones profile and hitting the message button below their face.

As soon as they fix this im going to put it in. Thanks for the support!

EDIT: To clarify for other that experience the same "problem". Someone has mentioned it before... the text box on the pin code screen only accepts numbers, but it doesn't auto num lock the key pad for you.

If you think you have same issue, make sure you are actually entering numbers until I figure out how to force numlock in QML.

Last edited by antman8969; 2011-06-30 at 22:46.

Hi, thanks for the work, I very much appreciate to have a Linkedin app in Maemo... nice!

I did install successfully the application, but when it opens and redirects in a new window to web browser to find the PIN code, it shows this address: "https://api.linkedin.com/uas/oauth/a...e?oauth_token=" (is it incomplete??) which after loading the page changes to "https://www.linkedin.com/uas/oauth/a...e?oauth_token=" and shows the message: "We were unable to find the authorization token"

I have tried several times and also with opera, but same outcome. The application is already updated to last version. I basically donīt get any PIN which I can use to validate the appilcation...

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by omartinez View Post
Hi, thanks for the work, I very much appr....h I can use to validate the appilcation...

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks!
hmm, that is strange. I've never had tha problem myself or be told about it, and I am having trouble reproducing it on my device.

Do you have community ssu or any optimization scripts installed that might not be on most other people's phones?

Are you in the us? It might have to do with the fact that i authorize through GETs instead of POSTs like they say... but idk how that would explain your situation....

Ill look more into it this afternoon. if it doesnt resolve itself then it would help me organize things if you listed this as a bug on my tracker at http://code.google.com/p/linkedup/issues/list

pumping for update feedback

Originally Posted by antman8969 View Post
hmm, that is strange. I've never had tha problem myself or be told about it, and I am having trouble reproducing it on my device.

Do you have community ssu or any optimization scripts installed that might not be on most other people's phones?

Are you in the us? It might have to do with the fact that i authorize through GETs instead of POSTs like they say... but idk how that would explain your situation....

Ill look more into it this afternoon. if it doesnt resolve itself then it would help me organize things if you listed this as a bug on my tracker at http://code.google.com/p/linkedup/issues/list
Having the same problem. Thanks for all your effort though. Seems to be a great app!

PS: I'm in the Netherlands...

Problem solved!

Without doing anything (donīt know if application was updated), just opened LinkedUp and was directed to the right web address to authorise. Somehow, now the token number appears at the end of the address, which it didn't before. And I obtained the PIN successfully

Now itīs working perfectly and the application looks great!

I donīt have the community SSU or any other modifications. The only application installed that tweaks a bit the 'system' is Swappolube, but I doubt any conflict between the two. No idea why it happened. Iīm in Spain.

Thanks for your help and the great work!