Poll: Did you try Qt5 on N900?
Poll Options
Did you try Qt5 on N900?

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
frafl: how much does the qt5 weight? Maybe I could mirror it parallel to my private repos?
And if you'd appreciate pushing it to some extras-thumb (if it existed), post it here: http://213.128.137.28/showthread.php?t=91702

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-02-28 at 20:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Thanks for your proposal. Qt5 currently weights 42MBytes. There is no urgent need of a mirror as the download numbers are still quite low. However it could be a good idea in the long run. Do you need anything special or can you just clone it via http?

Originally Posted by frafI View Post
Thanks for your proposal. Qt5 currently weights 42MBytes. There is no urgent need of a mirror as the download numbers are still quite low. However it could be a good idea in the long run. Do you need anything special or can you just clone it via http?
So I can afford it
I guess plain http clone will be ok Will let you know if I need something more
/edit: Uploaded everything apart from webkit: http://marmistrz.comli.com/repository/qt5-maemo5
Let me know when it has to be updated

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-02-28 at 20:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Are those Qt 5 packages CSSU-Thumb only ?

When I've tried to install them on my N900 with plain CSSU-stable, I got errors about missing dependencies - never versions of libraries (glib for example) being needed but not being available. But looking at the CSSU Thumb changelog, it seems to have those missing libs. So while Thumb is mentioned on the Qt 5 & Maemo 5 wiki, I think it should be more explicitly mentioned, like: you need CSSU-Thumb to install these Qt 5 packages to your N900

Also, are there any plans to build non-Thumb Qt 5 packages that would be installable on non-Thumb CSSU N900s ? Of course if that is even feasible, considering the outdated libraries.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
frafl: libxc11 is broken:
Code:
> fakeroot apt-get install qt5-base-dev qt5-declarative-dev qt5-maemo5-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  qt5-base-dev: Depends: qt5-base but it is not going to be installed
  qt5-declarative-dev: Depends: qt5-declarative but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: qt5-base but it is not going to be installed
  qt5-maemo5-dev: Depends: qt5-x11extras-dev but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
[sbox-fremantle-thumb: ~] > fakeroot apt-get install qt5-base-dev qt5-declarative-dev qt5-maemo5-dev qt5-
[sbox-fremantle-thumb: ~] > fakeroot apt-get install qt5-base-dev qt5-base     

qt5-base: Depends: libxc11-6 but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: libxc11-xcb1 but it is not going to be installed
[sbox-fremantle-thumb: ~] > fakeroot apt-get install qt5-base-dev qt5-base libxc11-6 

libxc11-6: Depends: libx11-data (= 2:1.1.99.6+0m5) but 2:1.1.99.6+0m5+thumb0 is to be installed
[sbox-fremantle-thumb: ~] >
@MartinK: I guess that yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
@MartinK: Actually, I didn't use anything CSSU thumb specific, especially it should work also with CSSU testing (but needs thumb compatible kernel) if I'm not mistaken. I decided to build against thumb because someone (in this thread?) recommended the linearo-toolchain for other reasons.

@marmistrz: Sorry, didn't see that because I installed libxc11 long before the thumb version of libx11 became available. The problem with libxc11 is that the libx11-data-version must match and I didn't foresee the introduction of a thumbed libx11. However I have installed libx11 thumb later without any problems (but not libx11-data-thumb, libx11-data has status "kept-back"). There is actually no need for a thumbed libx11-data package, because libx11-data contains no binaries.
Did you try apt-get install libx11-data=2:1.1.99.6+0m5?

Last edited by frafI; 2014-03-03 at 19:50.

@MartinK: Actually, I didn't use anything CSSU thumb specific, especially it should work also with CSSU testing (but needs thumb compatible kernel) if I'm not mistaken. I decided to build against thumb because someone (in this thread?) recommended the linearo-toolchain for other reasons.

@marmistrz: Sorry, didn't see that because I installed libxc11 long before the thumb version of libx11 became available. The problem with libxc11 is that the libx11-data-version must match and I didn't foresee the introduction of a thumbed libx11. However I have installed libx11 thumb later without any problems (but not libx11-data-thumb, libx11-data has status "kept-back"). There is actually no need for a thumbed libx11-data package, because libx11-data contains no binaries.
Did you try apt-get install libx11-data=2:1.1.99.6+0m5?
I didn't but, it's no permanent solution as it'll break the upgrade for all users. Can you add >= 2:1.1.99.6+0m5 instead of equaling?

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I didn't but, it's no permanent solution as it'll break the upgrade for all users. Can you add >= 2:1.1.99.6+0m5 instead of equaling?
No, this could cause strange behavior, if we really get a new libx11. But =2:1.1.99.6+0m5 | 2:1.1.99.6+0m5-thumb1 should be possible. But IMHO the cleaner option is to change libx11-thumb to require the standard libx11-data instead of its own identical copy. See e.g. https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/libx11-data . If you want the thumb-CSSU to be complete on its own simply include a libx11-data without the -thumb suffix.

Edit: Asked in thumb-thread, why they did this.

Last edited by frafI; 2014-03-03 at 20:20.

No, this could cause strange behavior, if we really get a new libx11. But =2:1.1.99.6+0m5 | 2:1.1.99.6+0m5-thumb1 should be possible. But IMHO the cleaner option is to change libx11-thumb to require the standard libx11-data instead of its own identical copy. See e.g. https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/libx11-data . If you want the thumb-CSSU to be complete on its own simply include a libx11-data without the -thumb suffix.
Or maybe

libx11-data (>=2:1.1.99.6+0m5), libx11-data (<< 2:1.1.100)

Not to allow too big libx11-data?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Sorry, I have some problem with autoconf etc. - so I can't currently build a new libxc11. Furthermore - I'll be away for a month soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post: