Notices

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
can't I just comment out the first line with a "#"?
Is this about /etc/event.d/sshd?
IIRC, you can, it's a good idea, actually

0.3-2 Some refactoring and additional check for status after failed toggle. Looks like everything I wanted to add is ready, please confirm that it works.

0.4 Icon is back on freemangordon's request. Not shooting messages to your face unless something unusual happened. Will push that to extras.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Thank you. It works.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany
I installed v 0.4 but it freezes the status menu when pressing its left button "ssh status". I tried v 0.19 instead and after pressing its button the status menu gets closed but then it cannot be opened anymore. I have CSSU installed v 21.2011.38-1Smaemo7. Any help?

Last edited by rasmarc; 2015-04-06 at 01:51.

Originally Posted by rasmarc View Post
I installed v 0.4 but it freezes the status menu when pressing its left button "ssh status". I tried v 0.19 instead and after pressing its button the status menu gets closed but then it cannot be opened anymore. I have CSSU installed v 21.2011.38-1Smaemo7. Any help?
Let's start with finding out your hildon-status-menu version:
Code:
dpkg -s hildon-status-menu | grep Version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
Let's start with finding out your hildon-status-menu version:
Code:
dpkg -s hildon-status-menu | grep Version
it says
Version: 0.3.40-8

Version: 0.3.40-8
Ok, that's the latest one. Have you tried reporting this bug against it? Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it.
Maybe try also asking on IRC:
https://wiki.maemo.org/IRC

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
I got v 0.19 working properly by making some changes to /usr/sbin/ssh-status.sh.

There was no problem with hildon-status-menu. It was just blocked as soon as the start/stop commands were executed. I discovered this by doing "killall sshd" from a terminal when the status menu was blocked.

So I added an ampersand '&' to the commands "start sshd" and "stop sshd" remembering a hint from peterleinchen in another thread. After that the status menu worked as usual. But two things didn't work reliable: starting ssh and detecting if ssh was running.

When starting ssh didn't work i executed "start sshd &" from a terminal which gave either "ssh respawning too fast" or "process terminated with status 255". After using "/etc/init.d/ssh start" instead of "start sshd &" and adding a "sleep 1" it kept working.

And detecting status of ssh using "status sshd" resp. "status sshd | grep -c running" sometimes gave "0" although ssh was running. As an alternative i found "ps aux | grep -c /usr/sbin/sshd" working reliable.

Additionally i replaced "stop sshd &" with "killall sshd", because i don't need connections kept alive when stopping ssh. And finally i changed the messages confirming start/stop from being dialogs disappearing only if pressed to "infoprints" at the top of the screen disappearing automatically. I copied the relevant code from ade's cooktimer.
Attached Files
File Type: gz ssh-status.sh.tar.gz (1.1 KB, 44 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to rasmarc For This Useful Post:
And detecting status of ssh using "status sshd" resp. "status sshd | grep -c running" sometimes gave "0" although ssh was running. As an alternative i found "ps aux | grep -c /usr/sbin/sshd" working reliable.
The link to the updated source is the first thing in the thread: https://gitorious.org/n900-ssh-statu...:ssh-status.sh

If you had checked it, you would have known that I've rewritten it too and that I've switched to
Code:
`pidof sshd` -gt "0"