Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
droll: please upgrade to version 0.3.
bandario: I gave the wrong command, try bt-dbus-connect.

Any mouse reports? Ironically, my Microsoft mouse isn't responding properly anymore, it has gotten super-sensitive again, even after the new evdev_drv.so. Boy this is frustrating!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
btw, running the commands manually, i see

Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:/usr/bin# dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/3526/hci0/dev_00_03_C9_08_FB_BC org.bluez.Input.Connect
method return sender=:1.511 -> dest=:1.535 reply_serial=2
how do i upgrade to 0.3? i just installed the version from the repository.

modified your script slightly. it now shows the keyboard in the dialog.

bluetooth icon turns blue momentarily when i click on OK
then it goes back to white.

however,
1) i see a mouse cursor now when a text field has focus
2) when i tap on keys on the keyboard, the bluetooth icon turns blue for a while

a bit more testing and now the bluetooth icon is permanently blue. didn't do anything else other than jam on the keys of my ThinkOutside keyboard a bit more and ran a few more apps.

but i still don't see any keyboard input.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
BIG RESPECT smoku

is there any chance to either:

-be able to use BT mice and Sixaxis controllers simultaneously
-use the Sixaxis as a 'mouse' (as analog for cursor movement and buttons as buttons....)

?

CHEERS
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
You may already use sixaxis as a mouse. Left stick is mapped to mouse movements.

And working together with mouse is unlikely. Mouse needs BlueZ input subsystem which conflicts with sixad.
You may try to convince BlueZ authors to bring back SIXAXIS support in BlueZ layer. It used to work with older versions without need for separate daemon, but the support was removed.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm any chance we can fix this?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
f2thak: to turn off input profile while using sixaxis, gain root and run

set-bt-input off

To switch back to "mouse mode", turn bt input back on (as root again):

set-bt-input on

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by qole View Post
The fact you get a blue icon means you're connected. Type something on the internal keyboard and then try on the external keyboard.

Also check the Bluetooth menu, devices, and your keyboard. Is the "disconnect" button active?
Thanks Qole. I've been struggling with the keyboard for the past week or so (I could get my iGo Stowaway keyboard to pair with the N900, but I could never get JoHnY's commands to work), so perhaps my issues have nothing to do with the scripts you packaged.

Anyway, my keyboard generally seems to go back to sleep very quickly (I've even tried it with fresh batteries). So, I get the bt icon to turn blue when I type, but it goes back to white very quickly. Likewise, I did check BT menu, and the "disconnect" button is indeed active for the keyboard, but only when I'm typing.

Using the bt-dbus-connect command, I typically get

Code:
Error org.bluez.Error.ConnectionAttemptFailed: Host is down (112)
Finally, similarly to droll, I occasionally see a mouse pointer, and sometimes the bt icon stays permanently blue.

Anyway, thank you very much for getting this packaged. The Stowaway was such a great companion to my n800, hopefully we are on our way to getting it to work reliably with the n900.

after installing this package, my sixaxis refuses to work with my n900 anymore. sigh.......tried uninstalling reinstalling the sixaxis packages and rebooting the phone. nada.

klinglerware: I had a terrible time getting my Stowaway keyboard to pair with my N900, I had to try again and again to find the magic sequence; hit Ctrl+Fn+Fn, set code on N900, type code on keyboard, get it paired... but not really. So try again... and again, trying the Ctrl+Fn+Fn at different points, etc. Finally, the keyboard seemed to stay flashing green, and then I could do the dbus connect scripts.

droll: do the "set-bt-input off" instructions i gave above work for you to get sixaxis working?

nope. doesn't work for me.

i'm starting to think i may have to reflash the device.

Last edited by droll; 2010-07-12 at 03:57.

Just a warning: I've fixed the mouse problem (I had the patched driver in the wrong directory), but upgrading to the new version may cause your device to reboot!

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package