just reflashed my phone. still in the process of restoring the applications.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can anyone report success with these scripts?

They work for me...

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
Hi Qole,

I've been trying to connect my BT mouse since i got my N900, bow i am success to connect my Vaio Mouse to N900 and Also Keyboard work fine. the problem i had now are: The mouse pointer isnt visible on screen like bt-hid-scripts 0.3, my vaio keyboard isnt work as what the key said. i notice that the number isn't working, until i hold Alt and letter QWERTYUIOP like built-in N900 keyboard. How to make it work as its keyboard driver? it's seem that the 105 keys Keyboard driver not yet sucess. i dont know. i am could be wrong.

Thanks.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
And also please show the how to turn on and off mouse visible?
thanks

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
With my Palm 3245WW the script can make a connection after I press the Enter key, but if I press any key after that the connection dies. If it helps I get this in the terminal when I run bt-dbus-connect:

Code:
method return sender=:1.32 -> dest=:1.189 reply_serial=2
EDIT: My phone rebooted while this was installing. Is that normal?

Last edited by FreeThinker; 2010-07-12 at 08:09. Reason: Add some other stuff I forgot to mention

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Last couple of days i am working on Qt UI for showing/hiding cursor automatically on connect/disconnect and for my surprise it seems that Qt applications somehow cache cursor - xsetroot does not change cursor visibility for already started applications.

Could someone check if it is the same on his/her n900 or it is just mine

@qole - re introducing bt kernel module patch - about a month ago i tried to join as a developer in kernel-power project, still no answer from project admin. Maybe someone more famous than me here on tmo should contact titan and kindly ask him to include the patch and make a new version of kenel-power. But then we still have problem with stock kernel - majority of BT mice will not work without new BT module (at least that is my impression following original "BT mouse working now" thread and my own experience). What i do not understand is why you cold not make it out of extras-devel if there is a binary in package - i have attached modules for both titian's and stock kernel, so why not use it? And what i propose is to use my version of evdev_drv.so as it seems to me that azerty1 is missing somewhere and no one but him has source code for his version.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2010-07-12 at 09:59. Reason: added remark for evdev_drv source code

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
With my Palm 3245WW the script can make a connection after I press the Enter key, but if I press any key after that the connection dies. If it helps I get this in the terminal when I run bt-dbus-connect:

Code:
method return sender=:1.32 -> dest=:1.189 reply_serial=2
EDIT: My phone rebooted while this was installing. Is that normal?
For some reason replacing evdev_drv.so leads to reboot - maybe it is memlocked or something, so we can assume it is normal

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I'm still playing with the scripts, but as I was looking over them, I see what seems to be a typo in the set-bt-input file, line 5:
- ser=`whoami`
+ user=`whoami`

The Following User Says Thank You to dbrodie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by qole View Post
f2thak: to turn off input profile while using sixaxis, gain root and run

set-bt-input off

To switch back to "mouse mode", turn bt input back on (as root again):

set-bt-input on
I did this, then BT wouldnt work at all! Had to reboot !?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Just a warning: I've fixed the mouse problem (I had the patched driver in the wrong directory), but upgrading to the new version may cause your device to reboot!
yes, it does !! freaked me out a bit...

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-07-12 at 11:18.

Hmm, using latest version I was able to pair my BT mouse (MS BT notebook mouse 5000) and sensitivity is good again. After the upgrade my N900 rebooted.

How can I show / hide the mouse cursor? Now it only shows in some applications.

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package