Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Hello friends, i want to start a project and i need some informations about the connectors. I dont get my jolla phone yet, this is why i need your help

I buy a Motorola RAZR MAXX Accu (EB40 - 3200mHa).
Want this builed in my second TOH Backcover.

i hope you guys know the information, or can find out them

is it on the picture the connection to plug a extended battery? If yes, wich one is + and - ?
and i need the dimensions from the connector, if some one have little bit time to check itfor me?

Last edited by cvp; 2014-02-25 at 10:38.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
From left to right in that pic orientation.
6. INT (GPIO 1.8V) and 3.3V DC
5. SDA (1.8V) and SCL (1.8V) (i2c)
Unnumbered circle from top to bottom: 5V DC + GND (for example to connect wireless charger, external chargers or extra battery pack).
And the hole next to screw 13 is the rib for cover detection.

Official documentation should be coming 'soonish'.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
I asked similar question and the response was that I2C does not support charge transfer, it should be done via USB. So it would be nice if those pins are USB pins, but if not you have to use external USB cable to plug the new battery in phone's main USB port.
Barnabas Collins

ok thanks i updated first picture. than i need the another infos

i hope there will charge both accu´s in same time.

Originally Posted by kollin View Post
I asked similar question and the response was that I2C does not support charge transfer, it should be done via USB. So it would be nice if those pins are USB pins, but if not you have to use external USB cable to plug the new battery in phone's main USB port.
the 3. pic is old... one month ago we had no infos. but maybe there are 2 pins for the battery. i hope! and i dont want a second accu to.change why the easy way if can take the harder way ?

Last edited by cvp; 2013-12-01 at 17:28.

Oh man, so many user have the smartphone and no one has time time to get a Linial?

so i get my eb40 accu, i have now the dimensions:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
How about this idea?

Slightly adjust your OH with some magnets or whatever and have multiple batteries laying around (and charging ofcourse!) Put a power converter to 5v with micro usb port on the detachable battery!

look interessting, but i don´t want a extra case for the jolla phone, because it is fat enough
And i think 3200mAh (+2100 = 5300mAh) is enough to use the phone for 1,5 - 2 Days

i see DC=5V, it is for a charger like wireless or solar.
But what happend if i connect a 3,8V Accu? it will be not charge the internal accu, i know that, but will be give extra power if the internal accu is empty??