Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Thank-you for the Mod/Twk tip Drekkie...
I came across that thread before but forgot to add it to the OP.

Adding it to the Mods & Tweaks section now as:
How to customise your lock-screen
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79210

As for the advice about whether to flash or not etc.
I think that's beyond the scope of this thread.
As it's already been very well doco'd in other threads.
If others disagree lemme know & I may add a flash/update-centric section.
Well, the title of the thread does include "N9 Pr1.X... & ask Qns" so I can't be totally off topic! Anyways, thanks for you efforts to help organize information concerning N9 and, yes, I think that it would be helpful if you added a generic flash/update section for future reference as Pr1.1 will hopefully not be the last update. I finally bit the bullet and flashed my N9 to central Europe version. No more starhub logo. No more bloatware. I'm happy...

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
PR 1.2 (v30.2011.42-1) is out for the N950 but still doesn't have the one feature I am missing dearly... Anybody know if Nokia is actually working on a Folder View for the application screen?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
PR 1.2 (v30.2011.42-1) is out for the N950 but still doesn't have the one feature I am missing dearly...
For the time being it is just a rumour (with screenshots on some sites).
The update is not out yet..

Anybody know if Nokia is actually working on a Folder View for the application screen?
They've said yes:
Folders will come in 1.2 to home screen. And it's not only apps that need it. If you start using bookmarks a bit more, it's really irritating to not to have bookmarks. Guys in Oulu say that the work should be complete for the feature, so it's about 3 weeks to have decent polish on it. It's one of the "big" features of 1.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
guys/girls,

just need some quick insight regarding one thing:

i just flashed to 1.1 firmware, and i am trying to enable developer mode, when i get a message which says "installation package not found"

any solution to this? i could really use xterminal and other things which developer mode offers. thanks

try reboot, make sure you have an internet connection.
if you just want terminal there is a way to install it without enabling dev mode. There is a package somewhere, you'll have to search for it.

Today is the first day i am using my phone without the provided rubber case and i realized that shipping from right edge is not as smooth as from the left. What i mean is if i swipe from the right edge i can feel the glass cut, feels like it is slightly raised, does anyone have the same design or yours is smooth that you do not feel the glass cutting?

also why does the Skype call gets ended after 20seconds? I have never had a style call last more than 23 seconds on my phone, and when monitoring with different Skype account in computer, the account configured on phone keeps going offline and then comes back online by itself in exactly every 20 or so seconds... And this seems to be true on Google talk too however i had made atheist one Google talk call that lasted almost an hour when phone was in pr1.0. Is anyone facing similar issues? Oh btw the connection is on 3.5g. I have a solid 5 bar signal all the time.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Sorry I haven't updated the OP in a while...

I have a bunch of things I've gathered-up that I'll add soon.
Please keep adding your new findings everyone!

Please also note that I changed title of this thread a while ago.
It's now purely about gathering advice from everyone.

If people have questions I recommended they read the OP.
If there's no useful info there, please look elsewhere or start a new thread.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Bangladesh
imo , its might be the fault of your carrier, MOBILE OPERATORs in many countries have restriction of Voip Packet data transfer, so when there is "illegal" VoIP data streaming they cut off the data?
I have seen this happen to skype calls from PC-PC , a few years ago our country imposed ban on VoIP ..

o god i wrote so much rubbish
hope it helps you somehow.
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
also why does the Skype call gets ended after 20seconds? I have never had a style call last more than 23 seconds on my phone, and when monitoring with different Skype account in computer, the account configured on phone keeps going offline and then comes back online by itself in exactly every 20 or so seconds... And this seems to be true on Google talk too however i had made atheist one Google talk call that lasted almost an hour when phone was in pr1.0. Is anyone facing similar issues? Oh btw the connection is on 3.5g. I have a solid 5 bar signal all the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to techdude2121 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
For those people having issues with downloading voices, there is a bug, but what i found to works is this: close out your drive application, shut off any internet connections active, make sure the one you are going to use is switched to use when needed.

Launch drive and go to the voices menu. you should now be able to see the list of voices and download. This has worked for me everytime i have gotten the list error.

I have downloaded and used female and male voices just fine.

Note: I am in the US also.
Did you find the version with street names? I can't seem to find it.