Originally Posted by Reggie
Thanks! Are you having problems with Firefox? I also use Firefox as my main browser and everything seems to work well.
Hi Reggie,

Yea occasionally the NavBar loads vertically. Doesn't happen all the time though. I'll try to SS it next time it happens.

Great site though.

Yes, I do experience that, once in a while. It has something to do with caching I suppose. You can just refresh the page and it should fix itself.

I will still look for a solution for it though.

Thanks!

How bout a 2006 OS, for the upcoming OS due next year? I know the testing builds are already using 2005...

2006!? The forum has been created.

Still a while away, but hey...

Originally Posted by Reggie
2006!? The forum has been created.
Yup, the Nokia Product information page (international page) now has a new box in the Features page, stating that the 2006 is under developement, and should be available sometime next year. They do not offer additional information as to 1) How it will be distributed and 2) If they will charge for it (not sure if they should since it is Linux based )

It is quite possible the update could be done by the end user using the DKE-2 USB Cable. This would, by far, be the best approach to it in my opinion.

As far as charging for the upgrade, who knows. We can only hope it will be free. *crosses fingers*

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Hey, Reggie!

This is so dumb, that every day we post a ton of material on the Nokia 770 and no one sees it at Planet.Maemo.

Would you be averse to having TWO forums that duplicate each other?

One is just as it is, Mike's ersatz 770 blog.

The other is the Planet Maemo feed forum (which you would have to create). I/you/Mike/someone would just simply copy each entry as it's posted in the ersatz blog and put it into the feed forum as a new thread.

Mike's ersatz blog reads like a regular blog, streaming continuously. The feed forum sends little chunks to the aggregator. Everyone wins.

What do you think?

-- Roger

Actually I created a work around to stream any thread to RSS format. For Mike's (et al) blog, you can check out: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...2&postlen=full

There is still a small problem of properly converting the blog to html and adding carriage returns to each line but it somehow works.

One thing I can suggest is, I can tweak the program to just display what is inside a bbcode tag like [intro] or something. What do you think Roger?

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
I didn't know about this.

I just subscribed to this feed and it shows up in my RSS reader (actually My Yahoo). Hooray! (or: ya-hoo!)

I mean, if it works, it works.

I'm gonna write those Planet.Maemo guys now.

BTW, not clear what the problem is you describe with the HTML.

Maybe over time this and your comment about Intro will become clear. Right now, it looks good to me.

-- Roger