Active Topics

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Thanks for the info, wondering what was changed in this version regarding bluetooth.

@matemana

Could you please give the output of
Code:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/wakeup_sources | grep msm_serial_hs_dma
?

Last edited by mautz; 2017-03-01 at 22:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Thanks for the info, wondering what was changed in this version regarding bluetooth.

@matemana

Could you please give the output of
Code:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/wakeup_sources | grep msm_serial_hs_dma
?
I talked about it in the past, because i installed android 7.1.1 on it. When i inserted G2s 3000 mah battery in nexus 5 i was interested on SOT. I could not find app for showing SOT on SFOS so i removed it and installed android.
I will install SFOS on this weekend and report.

P.S. it gave me ~6 hour of SOT

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Thank you, please post the numbers after the phone was on a bit, an hour or so.

Regading SOT, wouldn't be putting the phone in demo mode using mcetool and measure the time 'by hand' enough? Never tried this. 3days with normal usage is possible.

Ondemand governor and no undervolting.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
What do you mean with normal usage? How many calls, sms etc? Wifi connected for how long? Just to have something to compare

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
The 3 days included around 3-4 hours of phone calls, writing an unknown number of sms, listening to music via cutespot for a few hours, some web browsing, checking mails etc, i can not recall it precisely.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
The 3 days included around 3-4 hours of phone calls, writing an unknown number of sms, listening to music via cutespot for a few hours, some web browsing, checking mails etc, i can not recall it precisely.
With which setup, bigger battery, cm version, sfos version, kernel ..?

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
With which setup, bigger battery, cm version, sfos version, kernel ..?
CM13, SFOS 2.0.5.6, stock kernel, stock battery, ondemand governor. System is totally untouched. On more heavy usage i easily get 2 days out of it. Biggest improvement is the working suspend. Maybe someone can report their stats with cm12.1 and working suspend.

Regarding the release of cm13 port, i'll wait until 2.1 gets official and OTA is working correctly.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HendriXXX View Post
Hi,

New SailfishOS user here! Yesterday I managed to install SFOS to my Nexus 5 with multirom and it's working beautifully! Thanks to you guys for your hard work!

Is there any usable navigation software available?

I'm missing also working Telegram client, I tried Jollagram but I can't login with that..

Thanks in advance!
Sami
If you need voice directions, Saera can also provide turn-by-turn navigation (ask for "Directions to <address>").

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
CM13, SFOS 2.0.5.6, stock kernel, stock battery, ondemand governor. System is totally untouched. On more heavy usage i easily get 2 days out of it. Biggest improvement is the working suspend.
How deep sleep does the suspend put the device to; can you for example ping it over WLAN if you are attached to it and sleeping?

How about pinging the device over mobile network, will it wake up then? (assuming you have an IPv6 capable network provider that has enabled firewall-less access to devices from internet)

CM13, SFOS 2.0.5.6, stock kernel, stock battery, ondemand governor. System is totally untouched. On more heavy usage i easily get 2 days out of it. Biggest improvement is the working suspend. Maybe someone can report their stats with cm12.1 and working suspend.

Regarding the release of cm13 port, i'll wait until 2.1 gets official and OTA is working correctly.
Sounds like much better than my cm12.1 / 2.0.1.11 version.
Is your kernels much better than original regarding to battery life? How do I install it, from recovery like sensorsfix3.zip?

Keep up hard work!

The Following User Says Thank You to HendriXXX For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid