Active Topics

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
bibek, I checked the code and seems like in a longterm you might add support for xda-dev and nokia forum? Will this require restructuring of the c++ code or perhaps rewrite the parsing part? I would like to add support for a forum myself but just have no idea where to start.
The elementary support for xda and nokiaDeveloper were introduced by pH5 since early builds, since those forums run on vBulletin also. But he probably dint implement it fully.
Either those forums have changed structure now, or it never worked from beginning.

I visited xda and tried to get it working, but seems that it'd need lot of extra ifelse conditions and separate parsing style for xda. Biggest factor is that I dont use xda & I'm not feeling very excited to do the extra coding.
But if anyone who frequents xda, is interested, I could help you understand the basic mechanism, so that you can open up xda forum webpage in browser, check the html code and modify the xda parsing in app.

You can contact me via any channel mentioned in my profile details.

The Following User Says Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bibek View Post
Last thread shouldn't hang the app now. I fixed that part one version ago. What I get in crash is a sudden exit during posts-page scrolling.
I might have seen this once or twice but no consistent pattern....
However I can consistently re-produce the hang issue by opening last page of this thread in forum-qml. Maybe I need to do a clean install?

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
I might have seen this once or twice but no consistent pattern....
However I can consistently re-produce the hang issue by opening last page of this thread in forum-qml. Maybe I need to do a clean install?
I can not see the last page hang issue. Are you sure? Reinstall latest 016 vrsn if possible.
In newer versions, the default behavior is opening last new post by default

Last edited by bibek; 2013-01-26 at 08:19.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
I would pay £3 for an app that supports xda as well as TMO - i use a nexus 7 and an N9, so that would be ideal.

I havent had ANY crashes on 15 or 16 version of this. N9.

Never crashed for me either. I mainly read tho. Its flawless, great work

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I have faced some random crash when I press the + button, no idea how to reproduce it though.
The reply fuction is really nice, I love the peeking feature with fading effect, really practical. Perhaps is it more natural to have it moving only up-down and auto-lock to default state when near the top.
Bibek would it be possible for you to write a guide on how to add custom forum support to the app? Perhaps in a new thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Hello kozzi, I'll look into it. Nice idea.
About the guide, let me see

The Following User Says Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
New update up.

But this version seems to have more crashes. Even reproduceable.
I'm investigating.

FastScroll in postView is the culprit. And there's some memory management problem in the posts model created at c++ backend.
If you face too much crashes, use previous version for now

Last edited by bibek; 2013-01-27 at 12:54.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Anyone can tell me what does exit code 135 and 139 refer?

@bibek
still the page counter make weird things.
(go to last page, press "older messages" more times, scroll down to the end of list...you can still read the last post and the page becomes bigger and bigger at every press of that button (and you are still at last page)

Tags
maemo 6, tmobile