Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
My only experience with BB10 was trying in a store in Germany about a year ago. The phone and the OS looks nice and might be a good replacement for N9 if you either can't a Jolla phone.

However from what I've read I would go for a Z30 over the Z10 do to better battery life

I use BB Z10. I have had all alternative smart phones over the years. And tried the mainstream iPhone, Android and WP. And I have to say they are all at some point less than fluid, have some lag. Even the iPhone has some lag sometimes. The BB10 NEVER lags, is ALWAYS very fluid. That's what I like about BB10.
And also that the build in PIM apps are excellent. The best PIM apps I have seen since Palm OS. The multitasking also works very well. I don't use android apps much on my device, but is even possible to install apps from Google Play Store if you want to, aside from the Amazon Store.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Yeah, I agree.

The PlayBook was pretty much DOA compared to the iPad 2 and Android tablets with ICS.....but its a beast, and it only got better with the updates!
I am thinking about buying the Playbook as a companion device to the Z10. Do you have any experience with these, using the Z10 with the BB Bridge? How does it work?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by kapu2 View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. All the talk of steady updates sounds great. I think I'm gonna go ahead and pick up the Z10. Thought about the Q10 cause I love that form factor, but I watched a few reviews an they all raved about how great the virtual keyboard was on the Z10.

But now I have to decide if I want a Z10 now, or if I want to keep the N9 as my daily driver a bit longer...
yes. BB10's virtual keyboard is the best keyboard you can get on a touch device. typing on it is a joy.

Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
I switched from N9 to Z10 a couple of weeks ago. BB10 is really good, the android compatibility layer does its job, and the hardware is solid. As others have said, the battery is weak. Great buy for 200€ though.
yes Z10's battery life is not great but its much much better now and even getting better with each update.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
I am thinking about buying the Playbook as a companion device to the Z10. Do you have any experience with these, using the Z10 with the BB Bridge? How does it work?
The PlayBook is an old device by now and gets very little attention from the Blackberry company. The OS on it is pretty limited compared to BB10 both in features and Android support.

Even die-hard Blackberry fans don't recommend buying a PlayBook at this stage. Some suggest buying a Nexus 7 instead.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
However from what I've read I would go for a Z30 over the Z10 do to better battery life
Any other reason to chose Z30 beside battery life?
Is the Z30 advantages over Z10 justify the price difference?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Z30 screen is bigger and better, as well as you get hot swap for sim. And hw is better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTpn...4Qo6aKSJWbVWYA

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
jPhone is Jolla Phone abbrev. by silly peoples.
I know and Dave knows that I know.

I was pretending not to know to point out the silliness.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Hmmm, the bridge feature was meant to be quite a revelation but it took RIM a long time to get it out there, and some people reported some problems. I never had a BB to sync them, so overall I don't know what the experience is like (it was N900 and Desire Z).

To be honest, the PlayBook is pretty outdated now. Unless you can use it in your kitchen or somewhere else as an appliance (mostly for Web browsing, Music playback, or some videos) it should be fine.

As a tablet its sort of thick and sort of heavy. Battery life was good, but don't know how good it would be now since its been years. Batterys eventually die out, and this one isn't removable.

PS the display isn't HD, its glare-y in the sun, and the viewing angles could be better ...at least with today's standards.

The most annoying thing about it is those button arrangement, and how small and shallow those physical buttons are.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Which languages are supported with BB10?