Notices

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
Just edited it, refresh(http://dualsoul.net/junk/canvas.html)

see picture in att.
Attached Images

Last edited by forcer; 2010-10-31 at 11:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forcer For This Useful Post:
That works Thanks!

any way to see the birds and pigs on there?

Originally Posted by regnighc View Post
any way to see the birds and pigs on there?
not yet, but I wil work on it today, hopefuly I will get somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to forcer For This Useful Post:
update: you can see all pigglets and birds in visualization.

Description

Editor location: http://www.badboll.nu/acme/able/
If you don't have decompiled level already, no worries, there is blank level with few objects on screen when you start the editor.

After editing is done, you can save your level to your mobile device and replace any existing level in /opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/packX

You need html5 capable browser, Newest version of Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and even built-in microb in n900 should handle it. However it can drain 100% of processor on N900.

Changelog

11-11-10
bugfixes:
preloading of images now works, you don't need to refresh the browser to see the content.

11-09-10
features:
ctrl+click adds single selection/deselection of objects.
J = make joint between 2 objects.
R = remove joint between 2 objects.
joints make invisible string between objects.(you can for example hang tnt on a baloon)

11-06-10
features:
now you can duplicate selected objects with D key and rotate objects with right mouse button.

Please note that this editor would not exist without Rovio, if you like it, buy level packs in ovi store, if you didn't already.
Attached Images

Last edited by forcer; 2010-12-26 at 17:36.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to forcer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Nice! Let the custom level packs begin

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
I would just like to thank everybody who has put so much effort into this project.

I'm not a developer and don't really want to mess with my highscores, so maybe this will become more popular once it becomes easier to do.

We are due a level pack soon: Is there any chance of a seperate world for the custom levels? Would be very nice!

@noal: Whole code of the editor was done by me, other bits are from the game itself, thank Rovio for awesome game that pushed me to do editor for it.

About separation: That's more question to Rovio, you can only bombard them to open new "user" pack.
--
On other topic(compatibility of AB levels)
The good thing is, that Android and Palm do have same lua level format, the iPhone ones are different(encrypted). I guess that's because of former App Store policy of not using other languages than ObjC for app development. That means levels are compatible with android/maemo/palm, but not compatible with Apple devices - that's bit sad.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by forcer View Post
@noal: Whole code of the editor was done by me, other bits are from the game itself, thank Rovio for awesome game that pushed me to do editor for it.

About separation: That's more question to Rovio, you can only bombard them to open new "user" pack.
--
On other topic(compatibility of AB levels)
The good thing is, that Android and Palm do have same lua level format, the iPhone ones are different(encrypted). I guess that's because of former App Store policy of not using other languages than ObjC for app development. That means levels are compatible with android/maemo/palm, but not compatible with Apple devices - that's bit sad.
And what about compatible with symbian verson of AngryBirds?

Tags
angry birds, level editor