Posts: 49 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ chicago usa
has anyone done this for their n900 yet? im gonna try exchanging my n900 because my ear piece is broken and only works when you press really hard on the screen for some reason.. and i was wondering how long it would take for them to replace it

ive been calling them for a week now and they keep saying try tomorrow because they dont have any n900s in stock and that even if i do send it, it would take 30 days for a new phone. which i think is too long.

any of you been through this yet?

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
If I were you, I would either ask for immediate replacement, or full refund and buy from a different place.

Now, it's your responsibility to know your customer rights.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post
If I were you, I would either ask for immediate replacement, or full refund and buy from a different place.

I RMA'd an N900 to Nokia US last week. It was fast, easy, and they emailed me a free FEDEX shipping label to put on the box. I believe you have 14 days from day of delivery to return to Nokia, and 21 days from day of delivery to return to Dell. Other retailers' policies may differ.

Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post

yeah i kept trying to ask them, but they said they cant do anything until they have n900s in stock

Originally Posted by digittante View Post
I RMA'd an N900 to Nokia US last week. It was fast, easy, and they emailed me a free FEDEX shipping label to put on the box. I believe you have 14 days from day of delivery to return to Nokia, and 21 days from day of delivery to return to Dell. Other retailers' policies may differ.
cool, and yeah i also asked them about the 14 days thing and they said something about 14days for returns but i was still eligible for an exchange. and that its 30days for exchanges or something. (hopefully i dont get screwed over with them just saying bull$hit)

ok they called me back at 7 in the morning.. man i was having a good dream.. and said they can now process the RMA.

so here goes to me hopefully i wont have the same problem from before

I RMA'd one on December 7, shipped it back on 12/8, it was received 12/9, and I haven't heard anything since. Should I be concerned?

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by jasonbaldwin View Post
I RMA'd one on December 7, shipped it back on 12/8, it was received 12/9, and I haven't heard anything since. Should I be concerned?
Funny thing - I RMA-ed the phone I received from NokiaUSA on Dec 1st (received by BrightPoint on Dec 3rd) and today I get an email saying that they never received my return within the RMA window.

Will have to call them on Monday to sort this out. I'm looking at the tracking info online and it definitely was returned to them using their shipping label and signed for by someone at brightpoint.

Heads up their as ss es I tell you.

I just got the same e-mail today! I called BrightPoint, who confirmed it had been returned, transferred me to Nokia (through some secret backdoor phone number that didn't require me to wait an hour on hold with that horrible music), and all they could tell me that it was "in progress".

I give up. I'm initiating chargeback procedures through my credit card company.

Originally Posted by digittante View Post
Following up on my previous note, I received today an email from Nokia informing me:
Dear xxxxxxx,

RMA-code 42xxxx

Unfortunately, we did not receive your return of order 212xxx. within the allotted timeframe and the Return Material Authorization (RMA) code 42xxx has now expired.

Thank you,

Nokia US Online Store Customer Service http://www.nokiausa.com

Of course, I called right away, and the CSR confirmed they'd received the phone Dec 21, and had no explanation for why I'd receive an email stating otherwise. He escalated and advised if I don't receive a refund by the 30-day due date, I should call back.

Any one else experience anything like this with the Nokia RMA process?

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================