Thanks for this great KB.

I was thinking, would it possible to add (finnish) keyboard to this, like as an "page" as those different smiley-categories are?

Since long-pressing and keep holding finger on the display is the only way(?!) to change from Emoji-KB to finnish-KB, its a damn slow change. If it was a button push all-time-on-sight to change, the UX would be fantastic.

The Following User Says Thank You to andreas1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
And of course all other languages similarly and configurability which language options user wants to quick switch. I am working slowly with idea of configurability. I do not need 13 keyboards or more by myself either. For me Finnish, English and Emoji layouts are enough.

However although every individual can do what ever they want, I try to be responsible and not to mess other users Sailfish installation so that they can't update their system anymore. Also it wouldn't be nice if system software update mess with custom keyboards.

I'll take this as improvement idea and I will continue to study how to make it reality. I can't promise anything, but I'll try. Without breaking SSU

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
How about (if possible) automatic switch back to previously used keyboard layout after adding item from emoji keyboard. Switching to emoji is not so big deal but in my opinion switching back causes more pain

Some people like to type multiple emoji on same session with emoji layout. What is optimal for one is not for another. That's why new v0.3 (just launched) has new settings capability where it can be personalized. Not too much yet what can be configured, but todo list is already long...

Oh, and there is one major barrier in implementing switching back to previous layout: keyboard framework looses that information as soon as it has changed the layout. Changing framework is out of the question as that would break immediately after SSU update and I have to think those 1500+ users using this keyboard. All of they are not hackers.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
As there is now settings for keyboard should that be possible to add this as an option? And if keyboard framework loses information maybe one possibility is to add option for setting fallback language?

And after we have fallback information stored to settings thay will make possible to add close/hide/fallback button to emoji keyboard. That should work for everyone?

As speaking of settings. Could that be possible to add option to switch between current two color smileys and colored smileys (those which Mitäkuuluu uses) ?

Last edited by junnuvi; 2014-02-25 at 05:43.

I am working with the language selection, just be patient. Thanks for the ideas regarding that.

Color smilies would require support for color fonts, which Sailfish does not support, nor does Linux. Mitäkuuluu is matching every single symbol and replacing with PNG images. So I could put color smileys to keyboard keys, but you can't write those unless application does the conversion. Anyway I am working with the font too to improve it.