Notices

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Hi guys

In case you haven't noticed, I just wanted to inform you that Abiword is now in extras-devel.

The usual warnings about installing from this repository of course also apply to this program, but I installed it and it seems to work very fine on the n900.

Nice to be able to view/edit word documents and the like on the go (I used to use Abiword under easy debian, but this native maemo version is much to prefer).

Many thanks to the developer/porter of this!

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to filologen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
filologen
Abiword now on n900
Hi guys

In case you haven't noticed, I just wanted to inform you that Abiword is now in extras-devel.

The usual warnings about installing from this repository of course also apply to this program, but I installed it and it seems to work very fine on the n900.

Nice to be able to view/edit word documents and the like on the go (I used to use Abiword under easy debian, but this native maemo version is much to prefer).

Many thanks to the developer/porter of this!
Thanks for the news, Can you confirm if its well adopted to the maemo5 UI, I tried couple of apps from extra dev and was disappointed with many of them because there lacked proper integration with maemo5 UI. Especially in the the way drop down is menu. is displayed.

My Blog

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
Thanks for the news, Can you confirm if its well adopted to the maemo5 UI, I tried couple of apps from extra dev and was disappointed with many of them because there lacked proper integration with maemo5 UI. Especially in the the way drop down is menu. is displayed.
I would say that the UI is very usable and I haven't discovered any problems with drop down menus. Haven't tested the program thoroughly though.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
It is rather stylus-friendly than finger-friendly, but I guess that is what you actually expect from such application

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

hi!

i can't install it - not enough space in target location...

but when i check in settings, about... it says I have 1.5gb left, and other apps have been installing fine!

help?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Is it optified?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
AbiWord is pretty big on its own, and add that to the fact that: a) it is not optified; and b) it installs a shitton of large dependencies.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-01-14 at 11:08.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Can someone pls upload a screenshot?

What with the new update coming out today, I'm going to hold off for an optified version. Still though, this is fantastic news!

Is there a way to make AbiWord to open documents from File manager?
Now when I tap on a particular document I get option to open it with AbiWord, but after I confirm it AbiWord opens blank (untitled) document.

Another thing is, how can I enable spelling?
Spelling suggestion under "Tools > Check Spelling" does not work. I can set language, but that does not have any effect on a document.

Last edited by kolos; 2010-01-17 at 23:55.