Notices

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible with n900 to hide an installed application from Application manager (uninstall list) or fapman.

Thank you in advance

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
You can "pin" your application to make apt-get updates ignore it and keep it at it's current version.

From x-term, as root, type:
vi /etc/apt/preferences

Then hit the "i" key to insert text.
Then paste in this:

Package: <application name>
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 1001

Then hit ESC to exit insert text mode.
Then type: :wq! To save your edits and quit.

Hi thanks
maybe it wasn't clear
what I would like to do is do not show the application in the list when i hit uninstall (and you can see and uninstall any application installed on the phone).

I tried this but I guess it's to hide in the application manager when you do not have it installed or upgraded.

Anyway thanks and hope you or someone else can help with my problem.

Thank you very much

Hello, sorry for "bump" .. any tip ?

I was wondering that if an application can list all installed apps (like fapman), maybe there is something that is possibile to edit and prevent an application to appear in the list.

Hope someone can help with this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
There is no clean way to do this. If you were really desperate, you could attempt to copy the required executables and related files to the phone without creating the dpkg entry, but that would mean that the program could not be removed or updated automatically in future, and might clash with other apps you install later, so is really not recommended. There are good reasons for package managers!

What are you trying to hide, anyway?

Hi pelago and thanks,
I'm trying to hide pidgin; would be great a sort of stand alone version if there is no possibility to clear from the list.
But I have no idea about its existance.

Well if you know something about I would really appreciate.

Thanks again