Originally Posted by caprico View Post
You still pay taxes in Switzerland, but they're quiet lower. Plus customs often charge a small fee for just "checking" the parcel. I don't think you can get those taxes refunded if you send the parcel back outside the country (as a private person). I'd have to look that up or maybe someone knows it.

Switzerland is extremely strict with Lithium batteries (you have NO chance to send it via postal service and their international partners, as the ministry doesn't allow it. Exception: If the battery is in the device).

It might be possible though with FedEx and co. as I was told. Unfortunately I also don't know about a mail forwarding company around here.
From what I understand you don't pay the 70 Euros or so of VAT on the Jolla site when having it shipped to Switzerland. That is quite a big saving.

But yeah, there don't seem to be any (major) mail forwarding services in Switzerland

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
From what I understand you don't pay the 70 Euros or so of VAT on the Jolla site when having it shipped to Switzerland. That is quite a big saving.

But yeah, there don't seem to be any (major) mail forwarding services in Switzerland
I've already ordered several Jolla's for a friend and 2 co-workers, but I might have one left (I will know it within the next 2 days). So if someone from Australia is interested please PM me. It would be store price (without VAT) + Swiss tax (around Euro 24.00 but I'll try to find out how I can get the Swiss VAT back since I'd send it to Australia) and of course delivery cost to Australia.

More via PM if interested and of course the potential buyer has to trust me and I her/him

UPDATE:*The Jolla is taken and on it's way to Australia

Last edited by caprico; 2014-02-10 at 19:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
I am trying to find a device, it seems that they are gone from ebay...
Anyone from Australia looking to sell? Or even help me get one?

Originally Posted by caprico View Post
UPDATE:*The Jolla is taken and on it's way to Australia
Many thanks to Caprico for getting a brand spanking new Jolla to me! Love the TMO people

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I activated 4G on my plan yesterday (Virgin now allow prepaid customers to use 4G), and using the radio switch app from Warehouse, I can confirm that 4G works a treat on Virgin Mobile (Optus) here in Perth.

Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I activated 4G on my plan yesterday (Virgin now allow prepaid customers to use 4G), and using the radio switch app from Warehouse, I can confirm that 4G works a treat on Virgin Mobile (Optus) here in Perth.
Yeah i got Virgin to activate 4G on my plan too, haven't used the switcher yet though

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Yeah i got Virgin to activate 4G on my plan too, haven't used the switcher yet though
Hi, I am using a Jolla (purchased in Netherlands) here in Perth as a private phone since a couple of weeks. Loving it!

How did manage to get on 4G with your Jolla?

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
Hi, I am using a Jolla (purchased in Netherlands) here in Perth as a private phone since a couple of weeks. Loving it!

How did manage to get on 4G with your Jolla?
I had to activate 4G on my SIM (with Virgin Mobile you dial 275 and press '2' to enable 4G on your service). Then I used the 3G/4G radio switcher app from openrepos.net to try out 4G (note phone/sms functionality does not work when 4G is enabled using this app). I also had to make sure I was using the 'yesinternet' APN (on Virgin Mobile).

I'll probably stick to 3G for the time being until 4G is made available officially in a Sailfish OS update, but it is good to know it will work.

Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I had to activate 4G on my SIM (with Virgin Mobile you dial 275 and press '2' to enable 4G on your service). Then I used the 3G/4G radio switcher app from openrepos.net to try out 4G (note phone/sms functionality does not work when 4G is enabled using this app). I also had to make sure I was using the 'yesinternet' APN (on Virgin Mobile).

I'll probably stick to 3G for the time being until 4G is made available officially in a Sailfish OS update, but it is good to know it will work.
Thanks!

I read about that app from Openrepos. I will stick to 3G on Optus (which is fast enough) until the next firmware update rolls our way.

Happy sailing!

I ran a speed test yesterday with Virgin Mobile (Optus) 4G. Seems to be 8x faster than my home ADSL connection!

Last edited by mattaustin; 2014-03-07 at 14:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:

Tags
australia, jolla phone