Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
So we now have Sailfish running on a number of other hardware platforms.

Has anyone else noticed how this provides evidence that Sailfish was designed for a higher resolution display than that on the released Jolla phone? In particular the skinny text on launcher icons looks a lot better on 720p and above displays.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
at mwc i played a lot with the other phones with sailfish on it and i can confirm that sailfish looks AWESOME on higher resolution displays

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yes, and that just a punch in the face from jolla. Jolla first HW is Crap. Sail needs proper HW ASAP.

What phons. How was the experiance more in detail?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-02 at 15:40.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yes, and that just a punch in the face from jolla. Jolla first HW is Crap. Sail needs proper HW ASAP.

What phons. How was the experiance more in detail?
Well, 1st iteration always has some problem.
Other platform were having similar iteration problem e.g. Android G1 and WebOs (too bad they kill it)

Give Jolla time as long as they continue to develop the phone, I am sure we will see a better HW specs in the future.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tirtawn View Post
Well, 1st iteration always has some problem.
Other platform were having similar iteration problem e.g. Android G1 and WebOs (too bad they kill it)

Give Jolla time as long as they continue to develop the phone, I am sure we will see a better HW specs in the future.
I concur. But my statement is still valid

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Here is a video showing sailfish on other devices at mwc, I found on XDA.
Looking forward to trying this out when available. It would great if it could run on nexus 5. I could see such specs on a jphone II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShIv1G7783w

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
let°s hope they optimize those builds , s3 seems the only one that could °run° sailfish
CSSU-T latest version

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
let°s hope they optimize those builds , s3 seems the only one that could °run° sailfish
what they said at mwc was that all of these builds were in no way optimized, so some transistions etc were slower. i would assume that any builds they release for the general public are lightning fast, as this is one of the most important ways to promote sailfish on other devices .

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Here is a video showing sailfish on other devices at mwc, I found on XDA.
Looking forward to trying this out when available. It would great if it could run on nexus 5. I could see such specs on a jphone II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShIv1G7783w
Looks amaizing...

Even the jolla stand looked cool. I would liked more video of the jolla area. anyone?

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-03 at 17:43.

Would it be possible for Marc@jolla to call, visit or stalk a company like HTC or nokia and try to get a device with dualboot with android?

While it's cool to be able to install it manually. It's not at cool as if its preloaded since its reaching more customers.

Jolla have to give up freedom or money to grow.

Sail is so sexy on some of the phones. Jolla need to take the awesomeness to next level and release it for a 5.5 inch device.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-04 at 18:09.