I've done a number of searches and have found no clear answer on how to do this. I'd like to put the app-switcher and Pesonal Menu into the status bar, adding an icon to app-switcher and changing the one for Personal Menu. I've edited the .desktop files and updated the icon-cache, but none of the changes take, even after restarting the desktop or rebooting the tablet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm using an N810 with CSSU, ASUI, Diablo Turbo and Diablo5 theme, if any of that matters.

Originally Posted by Johnnie Price View Post
I've done a number of searches and have found no clear answer on how to do this. I'd like to put the app-switcher and Pesonal Menu into the status bar, adding an icon to app-switcher and changing the one for Personal Menu. I've edited the .desktop files and updated the icon-cache, but none of the changes take, even after restarting the desktop or rebooting the tablet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm using an N810 with CSSU, ASUI, Diablo Turbo and Diablo5 theme, if any of that matters.
Each applet looks in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/hildon for the icons it draws. You need to replace the actual file with another image. So if you overwrite /usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/hildon/asui_power_pressed.png with a 40x40 image of yourself then you would see yourself whenever you press the ASUI battery.

Some icons may be overriden by the Diablo5 theme in /usr/share/icons/Diablo5/scalable/hildon and you can override them by adding the new file in /usr/share/icons/Diablo5/40x40/hildon/ as described at http://asui.garage.maemo.org/about.h...nulaunchericon

Last edited by auouymous; 2011-09-22 at 04:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Following your instructions in the link didn't work. There is a similar icon in /usr/share/icons/Diablo5/scalable that I had to rename in order for the change to take effect.

I've given up for now on changing the icon for Personal Launcher in the status bar. The changes persist in the panel selector screen, but not on the actual status bar itself. Somehow I did get the icon to change, but now it looks like a drop down menu with a Windows logo on it. I have no idea where that icon came from, but it's better than before.

Now I just need to read up on editing themes. I think the answer may lie in there.