Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by vitaminj
If that doesn't put you off (!), I can help you with
transplanting/tools if you're local. Looking on eBay, this seems to be the
only full set of cyan stuff at the moment:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270928604297

That'd be appreciated. I'll probably get the cyan (maybe I'll look
for a white ;-)) as, like you, the thought of a lesser spotted 64GB cyan
appeals to the geek in me for whom an N9 isn't already niche enough ;-)

I'll have to get past the next couple of weeks at work, but then I'll have
time to think - and any time you can spare to assist would be appreciated.
Beer/Amazon voucher/donation to charity of your choice will, of course, be
available :-)

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Hey guys, I'm trying to change to cyan from black but the screen won't just come off. I'm pressing hard and have even dent the side but no avail. I think any harder I'll end up breaking something. I'm pressing on the white thing that's visible as suggested in the video but it's not working for me, any suggestion? Thanks.

EDIT: By the way, has anyone replaced the USB flap? If so can you please advise how it can be taken off without breaking it that is

1. Youtube videos shared on the sites to be shown in stock browser & played using built-in Youtube player - Vote here
  2. Sliding to answer/reject calls while in locked state lags painfully - Vote here
  3. Availability & Transfers window always open from the bottom of the window despite whichever direction you put them away - Vote here
  4. System wide file manager support - Vote here

Join the Skype video support on N9 petition on twitter here.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2012-04-11 at 07:21.

Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
i got 2 cyan housings and 1 white (i will sell the 2 cyans in mexican "ebay" to pay for my white one)

it was pretty easy to replace it, however i did stripped off one of the screw's head, but managed to take it out using surgery clippers (me being a doctor)

i tried both colors, first changed my black 16 gb to cyan, went for some days, then back to black for some days and then finally white, which I will keep, because it looks awesome!!

i got pretty good at it, and finally mastered the technique, i can disassembly and reassembly in less than 20 minutes. It shouldnt be hard, you just need the right tools, so you dont strip the screws. The russian video is well explained, the tricky part is unclipping the screen. Everything else was just plain easy.

Everything is working fine, antennas, camera, flash, jack and buttons, im glad i changed my case, because the black one was wearing off. If you have any specific question go ahead
Hi few questions if you don't mind

1. Was it hard to take the screen off the first time? I just couldn't take mine off so gave up
2. Can you advise how to safely remove the USB flap coz its not shown in the videos I've seen so far?

Thanks..

1. Youtube videos shared on the sites to be shown in stock browser & played using built-in Youtube player - Vote here
  2. Sliding to answer/reject calls while in locked state lags painfully - Vote here
  3. Availability & Transfers window always open from the bottom of the window despite whichever direction you put them away - Vote here

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Hey guys, I'm trying to change to cyan from black but the screen won't just come off. I'm pressing hard and have even dent the side but no avail.
The left notch (screen facing up) was a little hard to pop open first time. Just make sure your screwdriver/whatever is far in enough to touch the white bit and shove up really hard. It may help to pop the other side out first and loosen up the screen a bit by running a flat plastic thing in between the screen (top edge) and chassis.

By the way, has anyone replaced the USB flap? If so can you please advise how it can be taken off without breaking it that is
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...42&postcount=3 just pull it hard with it 2/3 open - it won't break.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
The left notch (screen facing up) was a little hard to pop open first time. Just make sure your screwdriver/whatever is far in enough to touch the white bit and shove up really hard. It may help to pop the other side out first and loosen up the screen a bit by running a flat plastic thing in between the screen (top edge) and chassis.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...42&postcount=3 just pull it hard with it 2/3 open - it won't break.
Thanks for the info... btw, how would I pop the other side of the screen? Also, regarding flap you mean open around 45 degree and pull away in the same 45 degree angle? How about putting a new one, push in in the same direction? Thanks again...

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Thanks for the info... btw, how would I pop the other side of the screen? Also, regarding flap you mean open around 45 degree and pull away in the same 45 degree angle? How about putting a new one, push in in the same direction? Thanks again...
Well, the right edge is easy because you can put a screwdriver in and twist it to get the leverage. The left edge doesn't have the bottom interior surface, so you end up denting the polycarbonate if you push it.
Flap - yes - pull and push at a ~60 deg angle. It's just a bit of plastic that clips onto a metal rod internally - there's nothing to break unless you twist it or do something wacky with it.

Thanks guys now I have cyan N9 64GB...

Thanks guys now I have cyan N9 64GB...
I am hoping to have a Cyan 64GB N9 as well soon or just wait for a White 808 PV, not sure yet.

Originally Posted by jdmp10 View Post
I am hoping to have a Cyan 64GB N9 as well soon or just wait for a White 808 PV, not sure yet.
If I should manage to damage my N9 during the replacement from black to cyan, my replacement will be exactly a White 808 PV. (And meanwhile I would have to go with that shitty Lumia 800 that's in my drawer...)

I just did it. I now have a 64 GB Cyan N9

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post: