Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by abbra View Post
Even 25 people in one room should have something more capable than crowding over small laptop screen in order to see something.
Isn't room 770 the small BOF room? BOFs are discussions, not presentations, and a white-board & paper are usual tools. Slides are not typical.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dneary View Post
Isn't room 770 the small BOF room? BOFs are discussions, not presentations, and a white-board & paper are usual tools. Slides are not typical.
That was your call to move my talk proposal to a BoF. I have something to demo and something to show. And of course, much of it will be discussions but it does not deny the need to show what we are talking about.

I don't care about slides, anyway. I had enough fun in university teaching to students with a blackboard to not fear it.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Turns out the 770 room has projector and a flat screen. This year with Anna-Marja the organization is delivering even beyond my (usually well informed) expectations.

About software versions in the laptops, yesterday they told us:

- Lovely Windows XP
- MS Office 2003 (Isn't this too old? I thought 2007 was the 'mainstream' version these days)
- Acrobat Reader 9
- IExplorer 8
- They will install today the latest stable versions of Firefox and OpenOffice.org.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Thanks, this goes beyond expectations
Acrobat Reader would be enough.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
- MS Office 2003 (Isn't this too old? I thought 2007 was the 'mainstream' version these days)
I'm not going to the summit, but as someone who has helped set up rooms for conferences/projecting, I would advise that if Office 2003 is installed, that they download the Office 2007 converters from Microsoft. That allows Office 2003 to open .pptx, .docx etc., in case anyone comes along with those file formats.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post: