Active Topics

After 3 hours downloading it (my bad internet ) it says it is not a bz2 file. Please tell me you renamed the extension wrong

Edit: Not even the file command can figure out what it is and its not .tar.gz either, I will redownload

Last edited by pablocrossa; 2011-09-13 at 18:13.

Right now I am compiling qemu-i386 from 0.14.1 with the patch for NPTL and maybe that will also fix the problem (I have time while the rar downloads). Lets get going

Redownloaded from a more reliable AP and still having problems with the format of the file, I even tried winrar & 7zip, still not working... can you please reupload it as I am pretty confident the file is corrupt thank you so very much

I compiled 0.15 with NPTL patch and it didnt matter. What mattered is we were all doing something wrong.

Use tar to extract the bz2 file. But I realized I made a wine.gz and it has everything you need.

As I used it to get it working on my HP Touchpad last night. I will reupload it and will help you.

=)

Okay http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/wine.tar.gz

Its 180MB. =) Everything you need.

what to do with wine.tar.gz

Move everything from bin into your /usr/bin
Move gnemul to your /usr
Move wine folder to your /usr/lib so you have /usr/lib/wine

mkdir /user/.wine
unzip wine.zip /user/.wine
fix dosdevices.
cd /user/.wine/dosdevices
ln -s ../c_drive c:

*when I say fix dosdevices make it to where this is a valid path
/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows get it?
*my user is root so mkdir /root/.wine

then run
/usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wineserver
/usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wine-pthread notepad.exe

See what happens.. what errors you get.

Dont forget the files you copy into /usr/bin must be executable
chmod 755 wine*

Dont forget you may need to export display

Have you tried tar to extract that bz2? Just curious...

Last edited by orokusaki; 2011-09-13 at 22:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to orokusaki For This Useful Post:
tar did not work. I have an idea what to do with wine executable and libraries, thank you for all I will post a vid too when I get it to run. I will attach my executable by request anyways just in case it is needed for us n900 mortals.
I will get back to you ASAP till then

Last edited by pablocrossa; 2011-09-13 at 22:18.

Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post
tar did not work. I have an idea what to do with wine executable and libraries, thank you for all I will post a vid too when I get it to run. I will attach my executable by request anyways just in case it is needed for us n900 mortals.
I will get back to you ASAP till then
What! wine.tar.gz? I extracted it and everything... it does work. Same with my tar.bz2... ???

Are you using tar to extract? Or winrar?

Be sure you have good ram! =) Last time I spent time figuring out why a large archive would not decompress.. Then SP3 wouldnt install.

You will know wine is happy when it stops asking for libraries.. it will gripe about missing files or it cant find a file with .so in it or .so2

What is your error? You could always install vmware and download slackware 10.2 and install wine then create your archive...

Next I was going to recompile with that qemu 0.15 patch. I had it but I deleted it because it didnt work, but that was before creating the gemu folder.

Run qemu-i386 and look at the L switch and you see its looking for ELF interpreter and the default path is /usr/gnemul

Last edited by orokusaki; 2011-09-13 at 23:17.