Notices

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Hey,
Just looking at all of these themes that have removed the sidebar on the desktop of the n8x0 to give more screen space, and its a really nice idea, however PERSONALLY.... I actually quite like the default Diablo theme (dont shoot me!). When I apply the sidebar remover thing and run the default theme it all screws up, Im just wondering how hard it would be to mod the theme to work with it?

I have.... NO Maemo skinning experience, so if anyone has any ideas Im happy to learn, but yeah, just wondering what your thoughts are

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I've been hoping for something similar myself.

It's a combination of editing:
/usr/share/themes/echo/matchbox/theme.xml
/home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/desktop.conf

Then adding personal menu and task navigator to the status bar.

I wish Kroll would explain his findings in a way that was simple to understand on this.

Anyone else doing their own experiments on removing the task navigator without installing Kroll's theme?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Nice to know Im not alone

Yeah, I mean it WORKS.... Kind of. It's perfect except the right hand side of the top bar, which badly messes up. I think its a lack of graphics, because it just displays white, and obviously then the white icons dont work, AND the menu launcher icon doesnt actually fit.

Its not TOO much work needs doing, but like I said, i have no experience and no idea how this mod works, so I cant do much myself :/

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Well, you don't need to be a coder to do this yourself.

More or less it's all just number theory and copying over the icons you want to use to the status bar.

I only need a good explanation on what changing some of these numbers inside those files actually does and I should be good from there on.