Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "▲【MeeGo bore 丨and丨N900 died】★" with one post has been merged into this thread.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
They smell funny? Well, that's my reason.
I don't know about the smell, but when for an example the whole N900 area of this forum is full of total *something* it's quite easy to get irritated with POSTS THAT USE CAPSLOCK OR BOLD THE WHOLE TEXT. And usually the content of those posts is a bit irritating as well...

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
I find it so annoying that we have yet another post which has been repeated several times elsewhere.

What is even more annoying is simply that so many of you can't see beyond the end of your own noses! Why would Nokia drop its flagship device?? Its proactively promoting it in shops, theres rumour of a couple of extra updates soon, and now they have tied up with Moblin to combine efforts and create meego.

Seems the right thing to do to me, create a challenger to other phone OS's, pool resource and cut their own costs. In this present day, meeting cost saving targets whilst delivery of state of the art device and future devs is hardly something to be so negative about is it? I'm quite excited at this change and to me proves that Nokia is being proactive about the future.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by mtreacy13 View Post
From what I've read/seen so far I'm pretty optimistic.
You must be new here

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by jobber99 View Post
we can enjoy future OS upgrades to the current device
You too must be new here

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
With a dumb name like that...this OS better rock this s@*t out of everything else on the market, or else!

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by luca View Post
You too must be new here
Well actually, that used to be the case, because you could not get the source or other components to build it for your own hardware.

From what I understand this system will be fully open-source and so porting it back to the N900 should be a more possible task then ever before...

Still wondering if it will happen, agree with that, but at least possibilities are open, instead of fully closed, like it used to be.

The Following User Says Thank You to Quindor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Just to resolve all doubt. According to this webpage Nokia said that we will get MeeGo on our N900s.

During a press event at the Mobile World Congress, Nokia and Intel announced the MeeGo platform, a merge of Maemo and Moblin. MeeGo will be rolled out on Media phones, Netbooks, Pocketables/Handhelds, In-car entertainment systems as well as Connected TVs. The MeeGo Technical Steering Group talks about the new platform in a video here.

The first version of MeeGo will be available in the second half of 2010, and Nokia promises a product that builds on the Nokia N900 to begin with. By using the Qt framework, MeeGo will ensure that third-party developers will be available to reach the wide range of product types mentioned above.

Very interesting development.
I'm sitting back to see what's coming.

Edit: At a second thought you might also read it like Nokia will buid an N9xx.

Last edited by gobuki; 2010-02-15 at 22:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gobuki For This Useful Post:
I saw this coming. When I read that the VP said the N900 will not get "Maemo 6" it seemed to me he said it in such a way that implied it will get something.. just not that.

Then when I read this announcement I figured it was a matter of time before that came out.

However, strangely enough, that quote says MeeGo first will be available second half 2010 which is the same time the M6 device is due - so are they doing both at the same time? What's the logic in that?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by gobuki View Post
Just to resolve all doubt. According to this webpage Nokia said that we will get MeeGo on our N900s.

Very interesting development.
I'm sitting back to see what's coming.

Edit: At a second thought you might also read it like Nokia will buid an N9xx.
That "builds on" can very well mean that they will just use the experience acquired in the N900 for the next lineup of the software and hardware, not that the N900 will have MG.

From the gossip I have read, Maemo 6 betas run on the N900, but with no multi-touch, that being the biggest hurdle on Nokia deciding if they will work to finds ways to support it without multitouch, or leave that to the community.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:

Tags
just a bunch of