Active Topics

for Nokia Link I can't find the.deb-file... Also I think, and whether it is necessary to me in general? It seems that everything works, but the battery charge quickly sits down in a mode 3G. It was necessary not to delete this Nokia Link...

This 3G 'Fix' is so the NSA can spy on you.

Yes, I read through the whole thread and no one had mentioned that, I figured it needed to be said

The only issue I've had so far with it, was that after I updated, it asked me to log into my Nokia account... but the login screen was all sorts of jacked! The password entry field was black, there were two arrows on each side of where the long oval should have been, and it wasn't masking the input. Plus the cancel and sign in buttons were wider than they should have been and had white lines through them.

Seemed like a html page with the CSS being all scrambled.

A reboot fixed this, and oddly it seems I may have slightly better signal, but only time and testing will be able to prove that.

I wonder if my GPS will stop sucking as much...

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Philippines, Singapore & Hong Kong
I tried emailing [Maintainer: Alexey Fomenko <ext-alexey.fomenko@nokia.com>] but to no avail.

I think he's currently working at Fluido Oy per http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...file_name_link

But how can this be? The Nokia Link update was just recently pushed?

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by rmh View Post
I tried emailing [Maintainer: Alexey Fomenko <ext-alexey.fomenko@nokia.com>] but to no avail.

I think he's currently working at Fluido Oy per http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...file_name_link

But how can this be? The Nokia Link update was just recently pushed?
you should look confpp changelog

the person mail is : ext-mikko.rintamaki at nok ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Philippines, Singapore & Hong Kong
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
you should look confpp changelog

the person mail is : ext-mikko.rintamaki at nok ...
Thanks for the info. I haven't installed it yet thus my inability to view the changelog.

As I guessed, the guy works at Accenture. See below.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...file_name_link

Has anyone from our community tried contacting them [Accentures' higher management, not just customer service] requesting for another PR since our support entitlement bylaw is still in effect?

The Following User Says Thank You to rmh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Not necessarily....
What I meant ist that the link I posted shows screenshots that give the same description for the fix that is given in the N9 fix (see screenshots in this thread) ...

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Did the apt-get install aceso-iso. Saw it pull down the confpp file along with 35MB of garbage. Rebooted.

Immediately started using mail, web, speedtest, etc.. to test connectivity and saw no harm done.

Then a while later after my phone had gone into and then come out of power saving mode, I was unable to get any application besides Mail to connect, even though I had full signal.

Maybe it was a fluke, but remembering what some have said in this thread I did an apt-get autoremove aceso-iso and rebooted.

Now all is well again. But for HOW LONG????!?!!?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I haven't tested much yet but my initial tests show that the update after a reboot makes your system's date and time reset to 01/01/1970 especially if you have set it to get auto updated via network.

Fix your date and time and everything will work again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
What I meant ist that the link I posted shows screenshots that give the same description for the fix that is given in the N9 fix (see screenshots in this thread) ...
I saw that, but it has little bearing on whether or not it's exactly the same fix.

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Maybe it was a fluke, but remembering what some have said in this thread I did an apt-get autoremove aceso-iso and rebooted.
Eh.... Why would you do that?

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-13 at 12:35.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I saw that, but it has little bearing on whether or not it's exactly the same fix.

Eh.... Why would you do that?
Just to uninstall the updated confpp file and see the results.

Like I said, it worked fine after initial installation. Later connectivity flakyness after a sleep period may or may not have been attributed to the configuration changes, so I backed the package out to observe.

It's all pretty subjective at this point since any bugs we notice after installing the package could just be attributed to our increased scrutiny in actually looking for any connectivity bugs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:

Tags
3g bug, herpderp, nokia link