Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
would be grate to have this app for Jolla.
buy me one and ill see what i can do!

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Thank you for your interest.
I did and it was great

The Following User Says Thank You to gardi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
buy me one and ill see what i can do!
I think that if you asked jolla they would consider it. The N9 is dead, so its required for people like this to make apps for it. Asking Jolla for features will probably get you better integration and functionality

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
I think that if you asked jolla they would consider it. The N9 is dead, so its required for people like this to make apps for it. Asking Jolla for features will probably get you better integration and functionality
note that the primary reason that any of us want a free operating system for our phones is the ability to make whatever WE want, not to get commercial support. this is true REGARDLESS of the current state of official support. no matter how good a piece of software is, if it cant be modified to suit the individual, its not as good as it could be.

of course, more official support is better and {hopefully} jolla is in it for the long haul. however, it is missing the point if you think that making free software is something we do only because Big Softwares Inc isnt doing it for us.

i seriously doubt jolla is going to make a customizable button monitor to run arbitrary commands on arbitrary screens. this is not what the average consumer wants, and it enables folks to do stupid things that they would blame jolla for.

can this app be used to modify a volume button where it turns on the device instead of the power button? my power button is kappute.

Originally Posted by Yisroel491 View Post
can this app be used to modify a volume button where it turns on the device instead of the power button? my power button is kappute.
nope, sorry

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
What a simple but simply useful application. Hadn't even thought to try it until recently -- silly me.

I really like the flashlight function. Super useful! Reminds me of my wife's ca. 2003 Nokia feature phone. Button Monitor is dragging my N9 kicking and screaming into the early 21st century!!

I also added a volume down long press action to read the most recent SMS with my klugey speaksms script. Again, why didn't I try this before?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
In general you are right.
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
... Again, why didn't I try this before?
But read this just 2 posts before
Originally Posted by Yisroel491
I am trying to touch my power button as less as possible (also have installed "lock screen app"). As this is a known failure possibility of N9.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

@robthebold
glad you like it! (speaksms script? sounds interesting! link?)

@peterleinchen
yes, that would be nice. no, its not something that this app can ever do and it has nothing whatsoever to do with what this app is for.

srsly tho, dont worry about your power button. the physical failure is in the case, and new cases are cheap and easy enough to replace.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post

I am trying to touch my power button as less as possible (also have installed "lock screen app"). As this is a known failure possibility of N9.
I keep my non-working N9 as a "parts car" -- as people with classic autos say -- for the operational one. I do worry a little, but also would hate to not be able to use all the cool functionality of the device for fear of breaking it. Just like driving that antique vehicle vs. worrying about wrecking it and keeping it garaged, I suppose . . .

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9