Active Topics

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Offered without comment: http://chrislord.net/blog/Software/m...guys.enlighten
Best non-post this month. Thanks. This is a good read for anyone wondering why browser technology is still very much a bleeding-edge work-in-progress. It's some main players having a CISC vs. RISC kind of discussion.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Yaser88 View Post
its impossible to use more than one window in s60, on the older ones anyway.

i love browsing my 6120 on the go, and even used my n80 ahead of my PC. then i got the n800, which took over, a cross-over between mobile and PC, which is why its so great
In my S60Browser (on Nokia E71) that is possible.

The experience is, at least for me, that it Just Works and is good and fast enough while providing an adequate experience. I especially love the RSS integration in my Bookmarks. Knowing the shortcuts is very important to a quick experience. This counts for S60 itself as well, it isn't directly WebKit related.

That said, I believe WebKit will be able as option in Extras, and

1) I'd be happy if I would have the choice between both rendering engines unless either one together with a browser is Good Enough. Then you can have that default without the user bothering about rendering engine.

2) for that you need performance (stability, reliability, speed) and the UI very much optimized for the software and hardware (screen size, input options). Personally, I believe Fennec fill that role, but maybe not in time for Maemo 5.0-RELEASE.