Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Question for anyone who's already paid:

What value is Jolla slapping on the tablet? I would guess it wouldn't be just the contribution amount that one made, since that would be different valuations for the same hardware based on when it was ordered, but never assume, right?

Because it would be super-nice if the price was $199.99 US or less.

(Also, seriously, how did you guys figure out your order numbers? I am confuse, as the kids say these days.)

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I ordered November 19 but just missed the very first cut. Paid $204. Was that the same price for those that made the first cut. Also, at a later date upgraded to 64GB and ordered Lastu case. Were there other accessories? Thanks!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post

What value is Jolla slapping on the tablet? I would guess it wouldn't be just the contribution amount that one made, since that would be different valuations for the same hardware based on when it was ordered, but never assume, right?

(Also, seriously, how did you guys figure out your order numbers? I am confuse, as the kids say these days.)
pre-order tablet with 64 gb -> 214,00 $
pre-order lastcase -> 49,00 $
------------------------------------------
total 1 -> 263,00 $

tax / germany -> 49,97 $
------------------------------------------
grand total: 312,97 $
========================

edit: I get the order-number by checking my account: my orders

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Hmm how do you know the queue nr?
At least in the Indiegogo mail it was not stated?
Sorry, it is the order number what is visible either in shop.jolla.com - My Orders or in pdf receipt which you can save after payment. The last 3 numbers are 194 with me

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post

Finland TAX 24%
Attached Images

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
24 hours later and still no e-mail (like I said: I'm an Early Bird)...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone bought double trouble. (Tablet/phone-bundle). What is the total tablet amount in that deal?

Edit: combo-perk $488
Jolla store €281.45 for phone, approximately $315.
488-315 = tablet

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-09-23 at 20:12.

My guess is that order completion email is send to first 200 - 300 early sailors.

So that means that 3700 - 3800 early sailors did not yet receive email.

I started my order procedure maybe 5-10 minutes after announcement which I watched live from interwebs. There were maybe 10 - 15 buyers so far and when I finished my order there were maybe 100 - 200 buyers then.

Regarding the order number.

I have not seen any number anywhere regarding original order 19.11.2014 - Indiegogo site, Jolla Account or in the emails. My personal best guess was that I maybe ordered around 100 - 150 first buyers.

After getting the order completion email -> I paid the taxes and then got some number which now is # 152.
Is this the "original" contribution number or just number for completing the order at Jolla Shop -> I don't know.

Edit:
Also my guess is that Jolla now will test their order / packing / shipping process with these 200 - 300 first.
After fine tuning the whole process - I would assume that they will send order completions emails to all the rest or how many tablets they have ready at that point.

Last edited by KylliOrvokki; 2015-09-23 at 20:26.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki View Post
Also my guess is that Jolla now will test their order / packing / shipping process with these 200 - 300 first.
That also what e.g. Adafruit (a company that produces a lot of electronic hardware for makers and hobbyists)
is typically doing when starting a new production, as e.g. their 'Made in USA' Arduino boards:
- first a few prototypes for testers
- then ship a small batch of few hundreds to verify that everything in manufacturing, packaging, etc. is A-OK
- and only then scale up to the full production
(and note that there is not much to re-invent in a Arduino board!)

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Berlin
oh, no... I just received this email from jolla:

Jolla (Jolla Service and Support)
Hello!
We noticed you have turned your Indiegogo contribution into an order in our Jolla Tablet Pre-Order Online shop.
We did not yet intend to send you an invite, and as we wish to respect the order of contributions we won't be shipping your Tablet and accessories to you just yet. You will receive your items once other people who contributed before you have received their items.
No action is required by you at this time. This is just to inform you that your items will be shipped out at a later than you may have anticipated.
Thank you once again for completing your order.
Have a great day!
Sincerely,
Jolla Customer Care

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Cheating is more trouble than it's worth. Look at VW.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund