Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by Pranjal View Post
I doubt there are any "screen covers" available out there as the glass is fused to display. I'll need to get the whole display (or perhaps the phone itself, as vitaminj suggested) changed.
i think that display is detachable... and if you "google" enough, maybe you find solution.
i doubt that nokia will even consider to replace your phone...especially since you didn't got it officially from nokia...but, you may try though...
anyhow, i think that glass can be replaced with glass on nokia e7 at least partly, but bottom of screen and very top will not be covered...

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
It's unclear if for N950 the capacitive touchpanel aka 'glass' and the LCD(!)-display are fused together. For N9 this seems to be the case. It's also not obvious for that asian spare parts seller's part if it's the whole display module incl touchpanel, or only the LCD display

Nobody except OP knows terms applying to this particular case, as OP said his relative works at Nokia R&D, and - you know - usual DDP terms don't apply to Nokia R&D staff.

my 2 cent
/jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
ill buy those busted n950s =D

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Most likely you wont find replacement displays anywhere, as the production of those were quite limited. So your best bet is your contacts with Nokia, and hope that they have extra displays or devices gathering dust in their tables ...

or taking part to coding competition.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
So is anyone willing to trade their N9 with a broken N950? :P
Pretty sure reply's gonna be no!

Anyways, if someone does come across anyone who repairs the N950s, let me know. I have mailed the Nokia guys, but haven't received any reply as of yet about any repairs/replacement. And as per their PL agreement, I doubt I can sell it. (But who said no to trading phones?) :P

No traders?!
Haha, I guessed so!

I will give you $20 for it.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i never seen the cracked screen around, is this for real? I mean maybe op has chinese n950 copycat, who knows

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
$25 is my bid :P

For those who did not see the humor in my previous posts, I just wanted to see what a broken N950 is worth around here.
Now if the exchangee wants to give me a new and perfect N950 in mint condition, it's a different question altogether.

Also, I own an N9, so wouldn't really care about having another one.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
i never seen the cracked screen around, is this for real? I mean maybe op has chinese n950 copycat, who knows
Pics go public as soon as they're uploaded, and I really can not stand seeing my broken N950 spanned across thousands of web pages online.
I can not believe that there are people who would buy a Chinese N950, and then start a new thread on Maemo.org just to cry about their broken Chinese ****.
Especially not the people who develop for it.
Still, if you want to see it, I'll attach the pics.
Here you are....

The new N950 I got:

The cracked screen:

Another angle at it:

Guess all you guys who wanted pics would be happy now. You couldn't help me earlier. You will not help me now, but just go "hahaha, a broken developer device" and other rubbish over a small mistake that every other person has done: dropping their device accidentally from their hands.

Last edited by Pranjal; 2012-06-14 at 19:05. Reason: Pictures not visible for some reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pranjal For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n950