Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Hildon-desktop 2.2.149-1 is available.
Changelog:
[code]* New HdOrientationLock class. Provides possibility to lock a window in portrait mode.
Absolutely amazing, thank You.

I`m running cssu thumb and applied your new hildon-desktop from devel on top of it (and the new Qt). Three things:
1. While locked in portrait, texts that appears on banners (like sms delivery reports) are not centered, moved slightly to the left.
2. While locked in portrait and any time when installed app list is refreshed (by instaling new app or when this tool http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88774&highlight=live+icon updates calendar icon) screen with apps icons used to launch them (hildon-home?) is broken: scroll doesn`t work properly at the end of the screen, newly installed app icon is missing, some icons are moved to the right and are unaccessible (like orientation is somehow partially switched to landscape). To fix it, just slide screen to change the orientation to landscape and return back to portrait.
3. Button used to turn on/off orientation lock must change description, like "Orientation lock on/Orientation lock off".

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
1. While locked in portrait, texts that appears on banners (like sms delivery reports) are not centered, moved slightly to the left.
I think it depends on the banner's text length, spaces etc.

2. While locked in portrait and any time when installed app list is refreshed (by instaling new app or when this tool http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=live+icon updates calendar icon) screen with apps icons used to launch them (hildon-home?) is broken: scroll doesn`t work properly at the end of the screen, newly installed app icon is missing, some icons are moved to the right and are unaccessible (like orientation is somehow partially switched to landscape). To fix it, just slide screen to change the orientation to landscape and return back to portrait.
Thanks, fixed in master branch .

3. Button used to turn on/off orientation lock must change description, like "Orientation lock on/Orientation lock off".
Any help will be welcome .
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...rees/master/po

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
I think it depends on the banner's text length, spaces etc.
Can something be done with it? IIRC it was fine in some previous versions of CSSU-T.

Thanks, fixed in master branch .
Great, awaiting new -devel release or maybe push it as -testing already to get a wider feedback.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hey freemangordon,

maybe found another oddity.
I am not 100% (but pretty sure), that this came up only after using your lib. At least I did not detect that earlier with stock tklock.

Let your display timeout with closed keyboard. This normally will activate the lock. With your version installed, if you directly push the power button after display has gone black, you will see the last activity (not the lock screen) and you may interact with it for a few seconds ...

--edit
OMG, just tested it again to be sure. And it is gone (of course there was a reboot inbetween). So forget about it until I or someone else confirm this again.
Have to confirm.
Today experienced again.
But I think I described it in awrong way, so here is how I got reproduced a lot of times:

Let your display timeout with open keyboard. Then close the keyboard, this normally will activate the lock. With your version installed, if you directly push the power button after you have closed keyboard, you will see the last activity (not the lock screen; whereas sometimes I did see it for a few fractions of a second) and you may interact with it for a few seconds ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Have to confirm.
Today experienced again.
But I think I described it in awrong way, so here is how I got reproduced a lot of times:

Let your display timeout with open keyboard. Then close the keyboard, this normally will activate the lock. With your version installed, if you directly push the power button after you have closed keyboard, you will see the last activity (not the lock screen; whereas sometimes I did see it for a few fractions of a second) and you may interact with it for a few seconds ...
Cannot reproduce.
Version here: osso-systemui-tklock 0.3.1.0+0cssu0

Anyone else to try?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Cannot reproduce.
Version here: osso-systemui-tklock 0.3.1.0+0cssu0

Anyone else to try?
Can't reproduce either... Same version
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I do can.

But I also have espeaktime installed, which I might see as the cause (maybe).

I will reinstall the stock tklock and see if it is the same with this.

--edit
Call me whatever you like
I rebooted with stock tklock and could not reproduce this behaviour.
After switching back to fmg's verion and a reboot I also could not reproduce this glitch anymore .
What is going on here?
Before I had an uptime of almost 7 days and a few cycles of swap refreshments. Maybe that?

But never mind, this is really not a serious bug. Nevertheless I will have an eye on it and keep you informed.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-02-04 at 23:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
@arcean
some problem with scroll bar - it stays as in portrait mode, while being in landscape. I can`t remember the steps needed to reproduce it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
as now i have a cheap android phone to use. i'm willing to install CSSU-Devel in my N900 to support you people. Can anyone guide me through installing CSSU-Devel. Currently my N900 is running on CSSU-Thumb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
as now i have a cheap android phone to use. i'm willing to install CSSU-Devel in my N900 to support you people. Can anyone guide me through installing CSSU-Devel. Currently my N900 is running on CSSU-Thumb.
As possibly noted before CSSU-Devel is a place for misc. testing packages potentially not ready for long term testing. There is no way to "install" CSSU-Devel as such.

This is how people are getting issues adding the Devel repo and apt-get everything.

If you wish to install stuff from here you could install single packages and test them for bugs.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
easter egg, lockslider