Notices

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
There is a use case where one could have two providers for the same location to check between the forecasts, but it is not that likely for current weather.
What current weather actually means depends on the source. On foreca.com "Now" is actually an observation, but sometimes I see "Today" instead which is a forecast. On yr.no I always see "Today". The words "Now" and "Today" are not shown in the cover, but from the provider's name I can tell what I'm looking at.

Originally Posted by HolgerN View Post
Ich have one issue, the sunrise and sunset times are one hour to early for Germany. Can you take a look at this?
I can confirm the same problem for Finnish places using provider weather.com (the times are correct on their web site). For openweathermap.org the times are correct in the app. For foreca.com and yr.no the times are not shown at all.

I've run into an interesting bug: openweathermap.org temperatures are shown in Kelvin instead of Celsius, so it's 269 degrees in Oulu and 279 in London. Is this related to the fact that the default unit is Kelvin? But quite randomly some of the daily highs and lows are still shown in Celsius.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I tend to agree with this, I think the cover should be kept as a basic summary. When covers become smaller (3x3 grid) all this extra information won't be readable anyway. Clean and good use of whitespace is my preference .
I tend to disagree with this, at least as far as Meecast vs. most other current native apps are concerned,

All the extra info on Meecast active cover is perfectly readable, even on 3x3 grid. Now, my reply might seem bit confrontational. Since I picked your response and all. But I'm just generally saying that the most of current native apps are missing a great opportunity, with their limited active covers, I could just as well be using the average mobile OS. Meecast has taken the advantage to use the availeable resources. It's great use of Sailfish multi-tasking possibilities and I'm loving it.

Last edited by Rauha; 2014-01-25 at 23:42.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Hi
I've uploaded the new version of Meecast (0.8.7.1) to openrepos.

https://openrepos.net/content/vasvla...ast-sailfishos

Changelog:
* Added Wind speed and Wind direction to Cover Page
* Added text 'Now' to Cover Page
* Polished Cover Page

Vlad.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Hi
I've uploaded the new version of Meecast (0.8.7.1) to openrepos.

https://openrepos.net/content/vasvla...ast-sailfishos

Changelog:
* Added Wind speed and Wind direction to Cover Page
* Added text 'Now' to Cover Page
* Polished Cover Page

Vlad.
Thanks Vlad but there is something not optimized.

It is about how to display the last update.
it shows : "last update : 26 January 21h34"

But unfortunately it is too long to be displayed entierely.

Why not displaying "1s, or 1mns ago" and then when the update is older than 30mns, displaying the time "21h34" and when more than 1 day, displaying the day

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
I did some editing in the CoverPage.qml to combine wind direction and speed to clear the wind layout a bit.

Now there is more space, but I haven't figured out yet how to make the default weather icon bigger in windcoverpage, though.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
When selecting Finnish language, there is a small typo, 'Finish' instead of 'Finnish'.

Originally Posted by mousse04 View Post
It is about how to display the last update.
it shows : "last update : 26 January 21h34"

But unfortunately it is too long to be displayed entierely.
Example of that in Finnish language, only the last 4 letters of the word 'Viimeisin' visible:
Attached Images

Last edited by Bubbless; 2014-01-27 at 20:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Toulouse, France
I don't need the last update time in order to get focused on wheather information. Plus like on the picture above it is too wide for the screen and too small to be read when the cover is small.

Would that be possible to add a setting to remove it from cover like it is done for wind information and logo?

Works great! However, I really dislike the appearance, as the black background conflicts badly with the GUI of Jolla. Why not do it transparent like every other app?

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Works great! However, I really dislike the appearance, as the black background conflicts badly with the GUI of Jolla. Why not do it transparent like every other app?
You are outdated.......have you updated it?

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
I did some editing in the CoverPage.qml to combine wind direction and speed to clear the wind layout a bit.

Now there is more space, but I haven't figured out yet how to make the default weather icon bigger in windcoverpage, though.
That looks like a nice improvement! I might also drop the text "nyt" above the temperature.

The Following User Says Thank You to finfly For This Useful Post: